Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Were there any quotes afterwards from WPM. A breathing op looks highly likely as he has always traveled strongly but then folded tamely when push comes to shove.

I didn't hear what Willie had to say but in Ruby's interview after he said that they had tried all different trips with the horse and they definitely thought the horse was going to win an RSA but just turned out he didn't stay well enough, went on to say that they now know 2m 4f is his trip and that is what he'll be staying at

They've known 2m4f is Balleycasey's best trip for a couple of seasons. I've heard Ruby say that before.

On the go in the summer puts him as a very unlikely runner at Cheltenham for me, let alone winner.

What about Dodging Bullets for the Ryanair? Likely to be stepped up in trip this season so this race could be on the radar. 33/1 best price.

I'm not convinced Dodging Bullets likes Cheltenham ... obviously he won the CC but Somersby (lovable as he is) isn't at his best at Cheltenham and at a grand old age he wasn't far behind!

DB let me down in the supreme too back in the day... hardly pockets talking as it wasn't a big bet

Ryanair only race he can go for, it'd be embarrassing for him to try the CC route again. Personally even without the slight stamina doubts, he hasn't got the class to beat anything noteworthy.

I didn't realise how little I liked DB until I started .... I have also seen a video where Nicholls targets the Ryanair too ... must be his open day that I watched it

Quote Originally Posted by gjt7756 View Post
    I didn't hear what Willie had to say but in Ruby's interview after he said that they had tried all different trips with the horse and they definitely thought the horse was going to win an RSA but just turned out he didn't stay well enough, went on to say that they now know 2m 4f is his trip and that is what he'll be staying at
    After two runs in The National they know his trip is 2m 4f.

Walsh said: "He's a pleasure to ride. He didn't stay in the Kerry National (last time out), but before that won well at Killarney and ran a cracker in the Galway Plate.

"He jumped like a buck, quickened clear off the hill and got them all at it.

"We thought he was very good at one stage. He's a Grade One winner and we tried to make him into a three-mile horse. He doesn't stay three miles and doesn't have the pace to be a top two-miler.

"Obviously he's a two-and-a-half-mile horse and he's got a bit of confidence from winning."

Have they blown his mark for the Open meeting ?
    The early bird catches the best morning prices

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    What about Dodging Bullets for the Ryanair? Likely to be stepped up in trip this season so this race could be on the radar. 33/1 best price.
    Good shout - Might be one to watch FTO with finger on the button.
    The early bird catches the best morning prices

Any news of Traffic Fluide, he'll be more interesting FTO with the finger on the button for me... don't waste your money on DB

Josses Hill thoughts ?

Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    Josses Hill thoughts ?
    Well he slammed Gods Own in the Graduation chase so he must have a chance !
    That trip suited JH more than GO so not quite sure what to make of it, he didn't get competitive in the race last year so for me he's have to improve to feature.

One I gave a squeek for in this was Smashing but HDB is running him tomorrow over 3m 1f so he must know something we don't....