Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Ryanair Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
    I didn't hear what Willie had to say but in Ruby's interview after he said that they had tried all different trips with the horse and they definitely thought the horse was going to win an RSA but just turned out he didn't stay well enough, went on to say that they now know 2m 4f is his trip and that is what he'll be staying at
    After two runs in The National they know his trip is 2m 4f.

Walsh said: "He's a pleasure to ride. He didn't stay in the Kerry National (last time out), but before that won well at Killarney and ran a cracker in the Galway Plate.

"He jumped like a buck, quickened clear off the hill and got them all at it.

"We thought he was very good at one stage. He's a Grade One winner and we tried to make him into a three-mile horse. He doesn't stay three miles and doesn't have the pace to be a top two-miler.

"Obviously he's a two-and-a-half-mile horse and he's got a bit of confidence from winning."

Have they blown his mark for the Open meeting ?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      What about Dodging Bullets for the Ryanair? Likely to be stepped up in trip this season so this race could be on the radar. 33/1 best price.
      Good shout - Might be one to watch FTO with finger on the button.

Comment

Any news of Traffic Fluide, he'll be more interesting FTO with the finger on the button for me... don't waste your money on DB

Comment

Josses Hill thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Josses Hill thoughts ?
            Well he slammed Gods Own in the Graduation chase so he must have a chance !
            That trip suited JH more than GO so not quite sure what to make of it, he didn't get competitive in the race last year so for me he's have to improve to feature.

One I gave a squeek for in this was Smashing but HDB is running him tomorrow over 3m 1f so he must know something we don't....

Comment

Still like killutagh vic for this race, willie has so many options for the gold cup one or 2 must run here..

Comment

Al Ferof retired, not that he was ever a live runner for this though he was 4th last year.

Winner of a cracking Supreme with Sprinter Sacre second and Cue Card third

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  Al Ferof retired, not that he was ever a live runner for this though he was 4th last year.

Winner of a cracking Supreme with Sprinter Sacre second and Cue Card third
                  So gutted about this! My horse racing "fettish" started when Al Ferof started... I think he is probably the one single horse I have had the most bets on in my life! I feel old now haha

Comment

Josses Hill thoughts ?
                    Snooker table.

I have an on-going bit of banter about this horse!

In fairness his record is actually quite good... what price is he?

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                      Still like killutagh vic for this race, willie has so many options for the gold cup one or 2 must run here..
                      I agree - the questions are..... where will KV run? Is the Ryanair most likely? Will he make it to Cheltenham in one piece?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Snooker table.

I have an on-going bit of banter about this horse!

In fairness his record is actually quite good... what price is he?
                        Not quoted anywhere that I can see - 20s in a few places for World Hurdle though - Id want more but like that idea.

Comment

Josses Hill thoughts ?
                          I was so excited before his novice chasing season and genuinely don't think I say a horse to follow list for that 14/15 season that didn't involve this horse. Everything seemed to point to him being a major force over fences but it just never happened and I kept hoping they would just revert him back to hurdles. I couldn't touch him to be honest. I think he'll have his odd win here and there over fences but i'd be amazed if he ever won and even came close to winning a grade 1 over fences.

Comment

Am I stupid to think GLV still has a chance in this...

Still same price (and generally bigger) than Dodging Bullets... who he beat today and SURELY DB is better over 2m than GLV is? I know Nicholls says he wants further...but that might be because he won a terrible CC and he doesn't want to be embarrassed

I think 33/1 for GLV is really fair, good in fact.... going to be forgotten over the winter but back on better ground, jumping nice and low and slick today... I like him.

Comment

I wont be having another penny on GLV over fences. He jumps far too low at his fences for my liking and looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Comment

I piled in again yesterday, the horse now owes me fortunes.

Where's that cliff thread.....

Comment

Working...
                                X