Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Ryanair Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Ryanair Chase

The PWC Champion S'chase (Grade 2) at Gowran on Saturday looks decent. Smashing and RTR both 162 horses.

Looking at the market for March most of those at the top going elsewhere ?

Vautour (4)
    Black Hercules (8)
    Douvan (10)
    Vroum Vroum Mag (10)
    Un De Sceaux (12)
    Zabana (12)
    Road To Riches (14)
    More Of That (16)
    Valseur Lido (16)
    Bristol De Mai (20)
    Djakadam (20)
    Killultagh Vic (20)
    Apache Stronghold (25)
    Lami Serge (25)
    Shaneshill (25)
    Sizing John (25)
    Traffic Fluide (25)
    Vaniteux (25)
    Al Ferof (33)
    Camping Ground (33)
    Dodging Bullets (33)
    Garde La Victoire (33)
    Gods Own (33)
    Outlander (33)
    Puffin Billy (33)
    Simonsig (33)
    Smashing (33)
    Taquin Du Seuil (33)
    Three Musketeers (33)
    Vibrato Valtat (40)
    Eduard (40)

Uxizandre not quoted ? Anyone got news ?
    Last edited by Guest; 28 September 2016, 05:39 AM.

Uxizandre is hopefully going to start back training shortly with King

Comment

I think Mullins could win this one with any of the first 5 there, and also with Killultagh Vic. Very boring and too hard to pick the right one at this stage though.

I think Garde La Victoire is a good bet at 33/1 for this. I think I've mentioned this elsewhere, but my points were ... he was backed into fav for the JLT (C&D) and was being tipped all over the place. You'll have a top jockey on board and the ground will be in his favour. The negatives we're that he fell the last two outings which is factored in to his price. A few 'confidence boosters' though and I think he'll be a bit shorter.

As a betting prospect though, Mullins will probably have the fave at evens, so anything you fancy that isn't a Mullins horse, you'll get a decent price on much closer to the race that taking the chance now.

I'd love Al Ferof to win it

Comment

Un de Sceuaux massive value at 12s - niggle that he might go to World Hurdle only thing stopping a proper bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone Cowboy View Post
          Un de Sceuaux massive value at 12s - niggle that he might go to World Hurdle only thing stopping a proper bet.
          Think Ruby will be on board?

Comment

Like the thought of in de sceaux for this but I couldn't back him without seeing form in the book that he stays that trip over fences, I know he won over 2m 5f in a hurdle race in France, but that's slightly different to 2m 5f over fences at Cheltenham

Comment

I saw UDS clout the Pond Fence at Sandown as hard as any horse and mistakes crept into his game last season which is why I think they put him back over timber.
              He's hit the deck twice in his career already, I'd be more concerned about his ability to leave the ground and land safely than his ability to stay, of course it's a minefield predicting where Mullins horses will end up but I think the WH would seem the obvious race for him especially if Thistlecrack stays chasing all year....

Comment

Ballycasey now thrown into the mix, quite impressive performance today beating road to riches by 11 lengths and with some ease, Willie lost a few chasers with the gigginstown situation and ballycasey could be one to step up now they no the right trip!!

Comment

I'm not sure he's good enough to be in the mix for a Ryanair GJT. The two times he's run at the festival he's looked a massive danger at the top of the hill but just hasn't got home.

Comment

Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                    Ballycasey now thrown into the mix, quite impressive performance today beating road to riches by 11 lengths and with some ease, Willie lost a few chasers with the gigginstown situation and ballycasey could be one to step up now they no the right trip!!
                    Been better this summer but i dont think they know what to do with him - been tried at all kinds of trip. Was there a wind op at any stage ?

Comment

Were there any quotes afterwards from WPM. A breathing op looks highly likely as he has always traveled strongly but then folded tamely when push comes to shove.

Comment

I didn't hear what Willie had to say but in Ruby's interview after he said that they had tried all different trips with the horse and they definitely thought the horse was going to win an RSA but just turned out he didn't stay well enough, went on to say that they now know 2m 4f is his trip and that is what he'll be staying at

Comment

They've known 2m4f is Balleycasey's best trip for a couple of seasons. I've heard Ruby say that before.

On the go in the summer puts him as a very unlikely runner at Cheltenham for me, let alone winner.

Comment

What about Dodging Bullets for the Ryanair? Likely to be stepped up in trip this season so this race could be on the radar. 33/1 best price.

Comment

I'm not convinced Dodging Bullets likes Cheltenham ... obviously he won the CC but Somersby (lovable as he is) isn't at his best at Cheltenham and at a grand old age he wasn't far behind!

DB let me down in the supreme too back in the day... hardly pockets talking as it wasn't a big bet

Ryanair only race he can go for, it'd be embarrassing for him to try the CC route again. Personally even without the slight stamina doubts, he hasn't got the class to beat anything noteworthy.

I didn't realise how little I liked DB until I started .... I have also seen a video where Nicholls targets the Ryanair too ... must be his open day that I watched it

Comment

Working...
                              X