Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Autumn Double

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I've just had a look in more detail and Holy Jesus I wish I had these prices.

Kynren's form early this season could give him feasibly 15lbs+ improvement. The only negative I have heard is he'd prefer a bit of juice.

Cracking bet either way FM, well done.
    The form of his race 2 runs back is working out very well. I also like his latest York run as a prep for the Cambridgeshire (I think it was the same race that Bronze Angel took on route to his 2nd Cambridgeshire).

I've got him in a small single but I'll be topping up on Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      The form of his race 2 runs back is working out very well. I also like his latest York run as a prep for the Cambridgeshire (I think it was the same race that Bronze Angel took on route to his 2nd Cambridgeshire).

I've got him in a small single but I'll be topping up on Saturday morning.
      Been a decent "drift" really, was 9/1 originally, double figures is really fair isn't it/ I know fancy about 8 in the race but fingers crossed for you/me!

Comment

I like kenya for today

Comment

It's the time of the autumn double again.

I have Good Birthday 20/1 / Mr Adjudicator 10/1.

Adding Good Birthday again and will roll it on to Mr Adjudicator at best morning prices for the Ces should he appear.

Comment

Mr Adjudicator looks a good thing doesn’t he, do we know if he is an intended runner?

Comment

I love the Autumn Double Races, and have been to Newmarket for most of the runnings over the last 25 years, usually go unless my football team has a home game. Been to the last 30 Dewhurst’s, so must have seen live nearly all (or all) of the Ces’s.

I therefore have the date of the first entries in my google calendar, and usually by the end of the first day the prices are quoted I have had my one or two selections on each race.

This year I am in a decent position (that’s not unusual for me, but it often still ends in tears).

Cambridgeshire
              Le Don De Vie 50/1 (Betfair 25 Aug) and 28/1 (Will Hill (28 Aug). Can run off OR 100, his prep run was strategically one day after the closing date for the win affecting his handicap rating for the Cambridgeshire, so he carries a 4lb penalty (up from 96).

The second in LDDV’s prep race came close with a 2nd in the big Newbury Dubai Duty Free Handicap at the weekend, and the 3rd (beaten 5&1/2 lengths by LDDV) won a Handicap nicely last week.

My Cheltenham Diary shows I have LDDV with a few small doubles for the Festival and they are at 33/1 and 25/1 mainly.

Also had Forest Of Dean @ 14/1 with a Betfair just before he won at York. As soon as he got raised 10lb for that win I cashed out for full refund as his price had halved but I gave him no chance off 110.

I may add Lord North after the decs, he looks good too.

Cesarewitch
              Time To Study 45/1 (William Hill 28 Aug) and 45/1 again (William Hill 29 Aug). He is still weighted around 10lb lower than his highest rating for M Johnston last year, and he is improving now with Ian Williams this year. Won nicely last time out, Cieren Fallon rode his biggest winner on him that day and likely to ride him again and take 3lb off.

Won’t run if the ground is fast, he needs some cut, so I will be praying for rain in a couple of weeks time.

Also got a few small doubles time TTS and Cheltenham Festival runners at 33/1 and 25/1. The latter price was still available earlier today in a place or two.

Timoshenko 12/1 (Betfair Sports 23 Aug). Hopefully he is weighted to just sneak into the bottom of the Handicap (Withhold style) and be the plot horse for racing weight planning, to give the first win in the race for Sir Mark Prescott.

Got both these with LDDV in Autumn doubles. that would be too much to ask if it came up, surely.
              Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 23 September 2019, 04:45 PM.
              "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Some really nice prices HF. Best of luck.

Comment

Ryan Moore booked to ride LDDV

Comment

I might just give dark vision one more go.
                    Backed him couple times this year and his price has collapsed (increasing confidence and excitement), only for him to disappoint.
                    Connections clearly think he's well handicapped and now rated 100 I think, so another 2lb lower.
                    His beat run this year was probably at Newmarket also and this trip might just be his maximum.
                    entered friday at haydock so will wait before betting, and hopefully gives me enough time to forget the idea.:devilishs

Comment

Like Korcho also, if he gets in near the bottom

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                        Some really nice prices HF. Best of luck.
                        Thanks FM, with 35-runner fields ‘luck’ is definitely the word.

I backed LDDV at Epsom when he bolted up. He was sold postrace for £460K, and the owners have a plan to transfer him to Australia, but maybe after his 4year-old season next year.

He ran well for them in a 12F race behind Sir Ron Priestley, but didn’t stay the last 2 furlongs. Last time out in a small field over 10F the day after he couldn’t get a Cambridgeshire weight rise for winning, only a 4lb penalty, I thought it was a cheeky win from the back, and he possibly still had potential to rise up the Handicap a bit further.

Transferred from Balding to Morrison after he was sold (2 runs a ago). Interesting that Ryan Moore is on-board, shows connections confidence of a good run maybe.
                        Last edited by Saxon Warrior; 23 September 2019, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Just had another couple of hours on the Cambridgeshire.
                          And one I like the look of but haven't backed yet is Chilean.

Martyn Meade did me a huge favour when I backed his Dolphin Vista at 66's to win this 2 years ago and this horse has had similar build up with one run this season (down the field in the Hunt cup when possibly on the wrong side.)
                          But Chilean was a pretty good juvenile and tried in big races at 3.
                          Beating study of man in a group 3 (9 furlongs) on soft in france on his comeback last season. That horse ran well in the arc and now rated or was rated as high as 115.

I think he'll get to run off 98 here if he's declared and I think that's attractive when you look at his overall form.

His worse races have been on a quick surface so if we get sufficient rain this week to get soft on the description I'll definitely be backing him. Especially if he's drawn well (Think I prefer them drawn high)

I hope he runs and we get some rain anyway.
                          No idea if he's alive and well or not

Comment

Q, Chilean definitely has back-class and softer ground will suit. Interesting they declared him this Monday, he must be ready to run. Good call.

Comment

Backed Il Paradiso 80-1 365, Ces.

probably not going to run but the price just stands out and o'brien has a few of his three year olds entered so expect that one will run at least. So even if not intended he might slot in if another not right.
                              next best price 25-1 and one or two go 14's, PP 20's.
                              The horse looks like it needs a trip for sure as he ain't fast.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Backed Il Paradiso 80-1 365, Ces.

probably not going to run but the price just stands out and o'brien has a few of his three year olds entered so expect that one will run at least. So even if not intended he might slot in if another not right.
                                next best price 25-1 and one or two go 14's, PP 20's.
                                The horse looks like it needs a trip for sure as he ain't fast.
                                Think they may have had wrong price up - soon dropped to 20's

Comment

Working...
                                X