Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Excellent.

Just needs to turn up, not fall, look impressive, win, step up in trip, get to the festival safe and sound, get entered in the right race, jump around safely, win.

Easy.
    - probably means Willie has Champion Hurdle covered

Comment

I put up a list of my bets the other day, on that list was American Tom for the JLT at 25/1, he is still 16/1 and makes his debut tomorrow over fences tomorrow and at the price im pretty keen on him for this still. He was held in the same regard as Min last year before his injury (won on his only start over hurdles), theres a bit of dot joining gone on again with him (sorry i seem to say that a lot) but I can see him turning out to be a possible G1 winner. If he wins easily tomorrow (strong field as youd expect) he will be single figures for the JLT id imagine especially with the connections. If he does turn out to be top class I wonder if this will have a knock on effect for Yorkhill and he could stay over hurdles although just a guess.

Comment

Really impressed with American Tom performance he can get better with jumping after few more runs. What really pleased me was when gangster got ahead and he battled back at the line.

Comment

Jumped out to the left and looked like would be better further... especially as Ruby made all and travelled further than anything else due to the jumping.

JLT looks the most likely still .... is the RSA under consideration?

Comment

Agree with all that guys, left handed/further/and more experience will see him in an even better light. Ive not heard about the any target other than Ricci saying that he would be his bet at the festival (at the prices) for the JLT, think its fair to say that Willie will decide though.

Comment

I liked American Tom performance today and I'm confident I have a decent hand in the JLT with him at 16s.. Clan des obeux at 25s, diamond King at 16s.. Suppose it all revolves around yorkhill but as a few lads have mentioned above it may be that American Tom is better than yorkhill and that's the problem willie has

Comment

No sign of buveurdair today either - something amiss ?

Comment

Yorkhill goes chasing this weekend although they arent sure what distance he will be aimed at.

Comment

Henderson said Buveur D'air should have run today but they will wait a bit longer and re-group with him?

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                      Henderson said Buveur D'air should have run today but they will wait a bit longer and re-group with him?
                      Wonder if that means hurdling - my tent disappointed them ?

Comment

At generally 10s and 12s in a place... American Tom... is up against these on odds checker next in the betting:

Yorkhilll - Possible might go for Arkle, if not, AT likely to still run ... A case to be made Yorkhill is over rated, certainly not rated as highly as Min going in to the festival, circumstance may have changed that afterwards but not the best horse ever at Aintree or Punchestown.
                        Clan Des Obeaux - Surely one for 'the future' with Nicholls... doesn't strike me as a class apart at this stage and Nicholls wouldn't rush one as a novice!
                        Frodon - Too young, already had 'his day' this season.
                        Buever D'air - Not seen yet, not strong vibes, yes I would respect him but got to at least jump a fence yet.
                        Yanworth - Not going to turn up... disgusting they're taking bets at 16s
                        Min - At no stage EVER has Mullins even mentioned anything but 2 miles... if MULLINS hasn't even mentioned it, then it should be illegal to price him up. They aren't "keeping options open"... he absolutely will not turn up.
                        Diamond King - Disappointed behind Coney Island, who apparently wants further?
                        Identity Thief - Another obvious non runner
                        Altior - Give me a break.

Now I am on for 1pt E/W at 25's, so very easy for me to be bullish, but I think the 10s (12 with coral) is still a great price on a horse that LOOKS like further and left handed will suit... 2 runs EVER as well, can surely only improve... I think this is going to go off a nice price and be a cracking winner of the JLT..l... Yorkhilll would need to be in a different race though...???!

Comment

American Tom is a machine get on !!!!!! (but only left handed and up in trip lol)

Comment

I have the 25s on American Tom too. Did you have your betting accounts open when Rich was on On the Line too by any chance lol?
                            I've Yorkhill in a few tasty bets, one double with Altior at the biggest prices which has me a bit excited. Happy with my position on these 2. The only other one I want to see if Buveur D'air. He could a very nice horse if he gets to jump a fence. However I'm just wondering has Nicky been on the phone to AP and Frank Berry since MTOY flops to try persuade them to go champion hurdle this season?

Comment

Ive heard from what is nearly always a reliable source that American Tom is held in the highest regard, but as someone commented earlier Ricci does like to hype his up, so needs to do it on the track now!

Comment

Looks like were all on American Tom 20 and 16's i am on. Tempting to have another go at weekend. Hoping he be one of me biggest wins of the Festival here is hoping.

Comment

Working...
                                X