Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he's short of speed he just strikes me as a real old fashioned battler and the further he goes the better he gets.
    When you get a good front running stayer he can break opponents...

Comment

Doesn't strike me that he would do that though... he is usually off the bridle before others and gets niggled in to and away from hurdles. I'd give him a lead, like Don Poli and give him something to aim at... (I would like to see them try it at least) ... he might be just as good from the front as he was in bumpers and over hurdles, and that might be good enough... I'd try and give myself options though, not easy to make all in the RSA

Comment

DONN

Anibale Fly

Anibale Fly put up a really nice performance to win a hot two-mile beginners’ chase at Navan on Sunday.

Settled nicely just behind the leader by Mark Walsh, the Tony Martin-trained gelding’s jumping was good and he moved up onto the coat tails of the leaders at the third last fence. He moved easily into the front rank on the run to the last, and he picked up nicely when his rider gave him a squeeze to go past Martello Tower, winning by three parts of a length, which could have been more, with another talented individual in Gurteen back in third.

This was a really satisfactory start to JP McManus’ horse’s career over fences. He was a talented and progressive novice hurdler last season, he was third in the Grade 1 Lawlor’s Hotel novices’ hurdle at Naas in January, and he rounded off the season by winning a valuable Coral Handicap Hurdle at the Punchestown Festival relatively easily off a mark of 135. He should be able to move forward from this now. He is only six and this was just his ninth race under all codes. He has plenty of potential for further progression. He stayed two and a half miles over hurdles, and he has plenty of pace, so the intermediate distance could be his optimum trip over fences.

13th November 2016

Comment

For me this race still revolves around whether Yorkhill and Buveur D'air run. If they go chasing (BD confirmed chasing) and take well to fences (on what we've seen both you'd think will improve over fences) then I think they are a level above everyone else in the market and are the ones to beat.

If they did could be round 2 for Mullins vs Henderson after Altior and Min take eachother on on the Tuesday

Comment

Disappointed with the Drinmore today... Diamond King, A Toi Phil both pushed out ... the winner isn't quoted for this race and ADO surely wants further so not much help there...

O O Seven or Clan Des Obeaux the best I've seen so far that I think would turn up?

Comment

Will be great to see Buveur D'air entered up at Bangor next Friday over 2m1f. Think that could be a good starting point before stepping up to this trip.

Aux Ptit Soins won at the second time of asking today. He jumped much better today bar the last. He was travelling really well 2 out and then seemed to run out of gas and his jumping started to get sloppy. I'd definitely be wanting him to step back to the intermediate trip now. Not sure he has the stamina for the RSA.

Just watched the Drinmore - not sure what to make of the race yet but Coney Island looked good. Anibale Fly was second today. Now a day before Martello Tower won a really good beginners chase at Fairyhouse having been beaten by Anibale Fly beforehand. Having won the Albert Bartlett in2015 he disappointed last season but he looks back on track this year. He was always considered a horse with bundles of stamina and one who needed bottomless ground but he's now performed well over 2m and won over 2m5.

Martello Tower was favourite for the 4 miler early on in the season but I think he might be better than that (saying that the race was arguably the best form race out of the festival last year easily outperforming the RSA and is improving year on year) - he is 25's for both this race and the RSA. Big prices for a previous festival winner

Comment

Shaping up to be a good race I feel, looking forward to seeing American Tom, he was entered up last week but never ran.. Paul nicholls holds a strong hand id be interested to know what he feels his pecking order is

Comment

Yorkhill entered over fences this weekend.

Saturday at Navan - 2m4f
                  Sunday at Punchestown - 2m

First 5 day entry he's had all season. The JLT dream is alive lads!!

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                    Shaping up to be a good race I feel, looking forward to seeing American Tom, he was entered up last week but never ran.. Paul nicholls holds a strong hand id be interested to know what he feels his pecking order is
                    American Tom also entered up in the same beginners chase over 2m at Punchestown on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                      Yorkhill entered over fences this weekend.

Saturday at Navan - 2m4f
                      Sunday at Punchestown - 2m

First 5 day entry he's had all season. The JLT dream is alive lads!!
                      Excellent.

Just needs to turn up, not fall, look impressive, win, step up in trip, get to the festival safe and sound, get entered in the right race, jump around safely, win.

Easy.

Comment

Is American Tom one to keep an eye for this or the RSA chase I noted him down a year or so ago he not run much since then. Be interested to see what route the owners will take with this horse,

Comment

Rich Ricci was quite insistent that he was a JLT horse and even made him his best (value) bet at this stage.

Comment

Cheers for the information billymag may have a stab at this horse before he runs at the weekend for the JLT. Hopefully get to see this fella run couple of good races before Cheltenham comes.

Comment

Shame that to get any value we have to back a horse before it runs... very fine line then between backing a hype horse and trying to beat the market.

I backed American Tom for the JLT at 25s I think after Ricci's comments above... purely down to the fact I know I'll be happy when he shortens. Absolutely no idea how good the horse is though. Ante-post must be ever-changing!

Comment

Before his injury last year he was held in the same regard as Min so exciting

Comment

Working...
                                X