Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Got the job done with few, if any jumping issues, but he has ended up winning with nothing in hand which would imply that the superstar tags are wide of the mark. Perhaps he might be a little better dropped in trip.

Boom !!!!!

KB, Ruby's comments afterwards suggest the opposite. He was saying he's a Gold Cup horse.
    I think he may just idle once he gets in front and may have more left in the tank than it looks

Not surprised. Given the choice they always say they are idling. Always happy to take the totally opposite view to Walsh. Mullins was talking about the Champion Hurdle. I would be amazed if he ended up as a Gold Cup horse, at the moment he isn't good enough even if he got the trip. He had none of the problems people envisaged and only just won. Proper Grade 1 opposition and he would have got beat.

Quote Originally Posted by kinloch brae View Post
    Not surprised. Given the choice they always say they are idling. Always happy to take the totally opposite view to Walsh. Mullins was talking about the Champion Hurdle. I would be amazed if he ended up as a Gold Cup horse, at the moment he isn't good enough even if he got the trip. He had none of the problems people envisaged and only just won. Proper Grade 1 opposition and he would have got beat.
    He doesn't do a thing when he gets the lead.

That's why they have to bury him in the field. It was a tremendous ride on a horse who is a total headcase.

I love you Yorkhill. See you on the Tuesday next year

I don't share the love for Yorkhill and maintain he's one of the the most over rated horses in training. No chance he would win Champion or Gold Cup imo

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I don't share the love for Yorkhill and maintain he's one of the the most over rated horses in training. No chance he would win Champion or Gold Cup imo
    I only love him for winning .... I agree regarding the Gold Cup.... far too keen and difficult to get the trip and he has no form in the book at all showing he is particularly special yet. All still 'potential'.

Champion Hurdle I can see him winning, just because it is a weaker division... Buveur D'air I'd fancy in a head to head at this stage...

I'll be gutted if Yorkhill reverts back to hurdles. Don't do it Willie! There was absolutely nothing wrong with his JLT run. For me there are doubts about whether I think he'll stay the 3m2 trip but i personally have no doubt he should be sticking over fences and he'll be right up there on any left handed track over 2m4-3m.

Yorkhill (hopefully!!) see you on the Friday next year
    Last edited by jono; 05-03-2017 at 10:44 PM.