Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a market we should be looking at quite closely with a view to playing in now? (Yorkhill out to 2/1 Sky) As unlikely as I personally think it is, Yorkhill could end up in the Arkle (Min missing his engagement certainly is NOT a positive for Yorkhill JLT backers in any sense) ... so will this the fact that we only have 1 other horse in single figures (who also is a possible for the Arkle) mean there could be a horser at double figures now that ends up fav?

Who do we know is going for this race:

Yorkhill - Arkle bound? (I don't think so but let's play it out)
    Buveur D'air - on FFP Emmet said he has heard Arkle is the plan...
    Whisper I think this IS ... but does have form over further?
    Politologue RSA all but ruled out, but with Aux Ptit Soins maybe Politilogue goes Arkle and APS JLT?
    Bellshill - Fav for RSA, definitely "needs a trip" - Won't run in this.
    Coney Island - Been mooted as improving over further despite his G1 over 2m4f
    Might Bite - RSA or misses it altogether?
    Benie Des Dieux - Would love to see the stats on Mullins mares going to Cheltenham over fences in their first season... not gonna turn up surely?
    The New One - 100% non runner
    Min - Certainly not aimed at the race, although if Yorkhill did go for the Arkle Min would be fav for this.... but this angle has been covered before by Al Ferof.
    Clan Des Obeaux - Disappointed a bit last time, but this surely the target?
    Bleu Et Rouge - Can't say certainly engaged in this, with other JP horses ahead in the betting, running over 2m tomorrow and been mentioned as a stayer?
    Anibale Fly - Bit below top class? Not sure this is the target (similar to above)
    Le Prezien - Arkle?
    American Tom - Looks a likely runner IF FIT but hard to be excited
    Top Notch - JUst as likely to go for the Arkle

.... in bold I've got all the (what I consider) certain runners? Interested to know what people think about targets or anything I've missed?

Would Whisper be fav? (At least you know you've got a superb pilot on board?) I backed at 16s but think I would back at 12s if I wasn't on.....

Comment

• If Yorkhill gets rerouted to the Arkle or Champion Hurdle if Faugheen flops
      Then 20/1 Min for this will look very big
      Especially if they don't want to take Altior on again
      Last edited by Liammet; 27 January 2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Is Politologue only entered in the JLT? 14-1 with Bet 365.

Comment

• WH only offering 3/1 NRNB for Min... 20's avail... I'd double up with Altior, if taking the bet. OR a treble with Yorkhill in the CH

I think I read Politilogue had an Arkle entry too? 12/1 NRNB with WH though ...

Comment

• With Buvair D'air confirmed for the CH, Whisper looks good value at 10s for an each way bet to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
              With Buvair D'air confirmed for the CH, Whisper looks good value at 10s for an each way bet to me.
              Yeh I don't think they've reacted yet... reckon that'll be best priced 8 this time tomorrow.

Comment

• Top Notch .... 20/1 NRNB for the JLT is a big price I think....

Beaten on chase debut behind Charbel and Le Prezien but they've done alright since, then won at odds on the next 3 times (1/8, 2/5) and then 4/5 in the fog where you have no idea what the race was like.

Was a very good 4YO (Narrowly beaten by Peace and Co), was never going to do anything at 5 in the CH but only beaten 10 lengths ina CH isn't the sign of a bad horse and I like the way he jumps. I wouldn't think Hendo would pitch him in against Altior, but he might, so NRNB appearing and 20s being available I'll have a little each way bet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Top Notch .... 20/1 NRNB for the JLT is a big price I think....

Beaten on chase debut behind Charbel and Le Prezien but they've done alright since, then won at odds on the next 3 times (1/8, 2/5) and then 4/5 in the fog where you have no idea what the race was like.

Was a very good 4YO (Narrowly beaten by Peace and Co), was never going to do anything at 5 in the CH but only beaten 10 lengths ina CH isn't the sign of a bad horse and I like the way he jumps. I wouldn't think Hendo would pitch him in against Altior, but he might, so NRNB appearing and 20s being available I'll have a little each way bet.
                  Top Notch is a horse I have been convinced for ages is going to win a big race at a big price

Comment

• Just me and you in the Top Notch fan club then robith

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      Just me and you in the Top Notch fan club then robith
                      Aye, lovely stuff!

Comment

• I like the look of Le Prezien for the JLT at 20/1 NRNB. Gonna have a dabble on that tonight.
                        Backed it on Saturday and was convinced it was going to win coming to the Pond fence, but just didn't jump as fluently as Top Notch or Baron Alco throughout, but I'm convinced its a better horse than both and has a decent engine in it.
                        I think return to Cheltenham will suit it and for me its crying out for 2 and half mile and may even make up into a 3 miler next season. I think slightly better ground back at Cheltenham with less emphasis on rhythm of jumping like at Sandown sees Le Prezien reverse the form with Top Notch in my opinion.

Comment

• Certainly wants a bit further from Nicholls comments after the Cheltenham race. I tihnk he was a bit lucky as Some Plan fell at the last, but strictly on price, on a line through Hammersy Lake, he shoulkd be shorter... (or Top Notch longer!)

Charbel at 33/1 would still interest me.

Comment

• Charbel now best price 14/1. Wow.

Bookies haven't missed a trick with this race in light of Faugheen's injury have they!

Comment

• I've been on Yorkhill for this for ages but going by the exchanges they've already decided he won't be going here, unfortunately.

Comment

• Same Ballybeen, no chance he turns up here

Comment

Working...
                                X