Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Think the JLT deserves it's own thread now rather than talking about yorkhill in the arkle post as we now think he will get targeted to here with altior there, also news from the Elliot yard that he is aiming a festival winner from last year at the JLT in the shape of Diamond King, one who I was certainty on and Elliot is confident about him jumping a fence, he stated he will have a run this side of Christmas as he doesn't like the winter ground so he will get a break and be back for the JLT, just what we want to hear from trainers, clarity in their plans!!

Totally agree, he was my biggest winner at last years festival and great to here Elliot (an amazing target trainer) clearer setting out a plan for this boy

He was a great bet and his sp of 12/1 on the day was huge considering the horse had been laid out for it, and not the worse run when a length behind alpha des obeaux when finishing 4th behind winnner one track mind in his last run

I backed Diamond King for the wrong race last year ante post. Always good to have a target lined out.

This race could become very very competitive if Altior looks like being a beast and he'll scare more info this race than Yorkhill will scare back down.

Buever D'Air would be interesting, did Hendo give him a target at his open day that I've not seen? They said he needs a step up.

From back end of last season I thought he was a cert to go chasing but from what I've heard over the weekend they haven't made their minds up yet and targets are not so sure for him, he was my outside bet for the arkle, hopefully altior going chasing hasn't changed that as they are in different ownership

Am I the only one who thinks Yorkhill could be over rated? Yes he was impressive at Cheltenham but I thought he made hard work of it at Aintree, with his jumping out to the left a big worry.

No I think that too. A lot of enthusiasm comes from the comments from connections after the Cheltenham win, however, Yanworth came clear after him and even if they're similar, it looked a solid result. Certainly not one that people will be afraid of though.

I remember Patrick Mullins sayin Bellshill was better than Yorkhill on a podcast around Christmas last year ... not long after Bellshill flopped and the tune changed.

I am on Yorkhill but I think I'll be beating SP rather than being on a monster, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Yorkhill could be over rated? Yes he was impressive at Cheltenham but I thought he made hard work of it at Aintree, with his jumping out to the left a big worry.
    I wonder about him too.

Altior ahead of them all in my book.

I still have a lot of time for bellshill and Patrick could still well be right, I think at Christmas we all thought he was the better of the two, however after one bad run the horse got seriously miss campaigned, I mean how on earth it ended up in the supreme I will never know, but at the end of the season when going over 3 miles he showed his class and could be one to follow again this season if campaigned correctly

Does anyone know what the plans for Bellshill are? Is he going chasing?