Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayo View Post
    Waiting for Altior to jump like Grandouet now
    Don't you curse it

Comment

Flying Angel flew under my radar... There is usually a recency bias isn't there like you eluded too. Works both ways though, when we see some more, we should remember form from earlier on and be sure not to under-rate it!

Comment

An impressive round of jumping by Diamond King. He's going to be a force over fences. Taken the 12/1

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          An impressive round of jumping by Diamond King. He's going to be a force over fences. Taken the 12/1
          Any chance he will go RSA FM ?

Comment

I wouldn't have thought he'd be an RSA horse myself. In fact I'd be more worried that he turns out to be a Ryanair horse. He'll be 9 next year and if he impresses this side of Christmas it may tempt the owners to aim for the bigger prize come march.

Comment

Think Gordon has already stated the JLT is the aim this season.. Makes the 12/1 even better.. He's one of my more confident ante post bets

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I wouldn't have thought he'd be an RSA horse myself. In fact I'd be more worried that he turns out to be a Ryanair horse. He'll be 9 next year and if he impresses this side of Christmas it may tempt the owners to aim for the bigger prize come march.
                Agree FM. Looked a natural - Russell brillant with these types.

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                  Think Gordon has already stated the JLT is the aim this season.. Makes the 12/1 even better.. He's one of my more confident ante post bets
                  Yeh I saw that, I put him in a couple of multiples. Very impressive!

Comment

Aux Ptit Soins has been trimmed in palces to 10s for this? What have I missed? 14s are still available...

Comment

Im not sure pfn loves the RSA for his better more classier types and Aux petit soins has bags of speed so as mentioned before id imagine this is his preferred target until he proves otherwise and requires a trip

Comment

Politologue also expected to feature over fences at middle distance for PN so be interesting to see where they go with him and APS, APS could go a stiff 2m aswell so don't rule out a crack at the Arkle also for him

Comment

Henderson on Buveur D'Air yesterday:

We might be leaning towards going chasing with him. He schooled very well and likes to get his toe in the ground so there is no rush with him but he’s been jumping very well over fences and that seems the likely path he’ll go, at the moment.
                          You'd imagine this will be his race rather than take on his stablemate in the Arkle.

Comment

I wouldn't be too sure, think the arkle would be better suited to Buveur D'air and Henderson isn't bothered by running two at the same target

Comment

I have something niggling at me saying they'd said after the Supreme that Buever D'air is wanting more of a trip? I agree that Altior wouldn't force them to run this horse over another distance but the combination of the two would suggest JLT to me. (Would help if I could find the quotes but alas...)

Comment

151-rated hurdler. Only defeat in four races over hurdles when third to stablemate Altior in the Grade 1 Supreme Novices’ Hurdle at Cheltenham in March. Ended season with victory in the Grade 1 Top Novices’ Hurdle at Aintree in April.
                                “He won his first two starts over hurdles very comfortably and finished a gallant third to Altior in the Supreme. We had often wondered whether an extra half mile might help him but I liked the look of the two miler at Aintree and although I could say he won easily it was still a great performance to win a Grade 1 as I think there is still more to come. We haven’t yet decided whether to stay hurdling or go novice chasing and that decision won’t be made until Barry Geraghty comes into school him but he’s come back bigger and stronger and he has an enormous future whichever route we choose to take.”

Comment

Working...
                                X