Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
    Not surprised. Given the choice they always say they are idling. Always happy to take the totally opposite view to Walsh. Mullins was talking about the Champion Hurdle. I would be amazed if he ended up as a Gold Cup horse, at the moment he isn't good enough even if he got the trip. He had none of the problems people envisaged and only just won. Proper Grade 1 opposition and he would have got beat.
    He doesn't do a thing when he gets the lead.

That's why they have to bury him in the field. It was a tremendous ride on a horse who is a total headcase.

Comment

• I love you Yorkhill. See you on the Tuesday next year

Comment

• I don't share the love for Yorkhill and maintain he's one of the the most over rated horses in training. No chance he would win Champion or Gold Cup imo

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          I don't share the love for Yorkhill and maintain he's one of the the most over rated horses in training. No chance he would win Champion or Gold Cup imo
          I only love him for winning .... I agree regarding the Gold Cup.... far too keen and difficult to get the trip and he has no form in the book at all showing he is particularly special yet. All still 'potential'.

Champion Hurdle I can see him winning, just because it is a weaker division... Buveur D'air I'd fancy in a head to head at this stage...

Comment

• I'll be gutted if Yorkhill reverts back to hurdles. Don't do it Willie! There was absolutely nothing wrong with his JLT run. For me there are doubts about whether I think he'll stay the 3m2 trip but i personally have no doubt he should be sticking over fences and he'll be right up there on any left handed track over 2m4-3m.

Yorkhill (hopefully!!) see you on the Friday next year
            Last edited by jono; 3 May 2017, 10:44 PM.

Comment

• He'd be most likely to win a Ryanair wouldn't be at this stage until we know he'd settle? Unlikely to be the target regardless but I wouldn't be with him in the CC or GC so this is the only race I can see him winning at the festival

Comment

Working...
              X