Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham JLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Champion Hurdle this year would have been an open goal for Yorkhill and they could have switched next season with a view to the Gold Cup down the line, now that would have been something.Wullie couldnt have a last minute change of mind.....could he?

Comment

• Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
      The Champion Hurdle this year would have been an open goal for Yorkhill and they could have switched next season with a view to the Gold Cup down the line, now that would have been something.Wullie couldnt have a last minute change of mind.....could he?
      In a word, no. He has committed to the JLT and I'm more or less certain they'll supplement Limini for the champion

Comment

• Yorkhill in the Champion Hurdle would NOT be an open goal?! At very, very best he "has a favourites chance" ...if indeed he was fav.... academic though, has nothing to come in to the JLT. Wouldn't give up a 6/4 shot for anything bigger than a 4/6 shot?

Comment

• Yorkhill has been subject to one of the most pointless comments in racing yesterday used by Mick Fitz and Gordon Elliott, "If he jumps he wins."

Thanks for that great insight guys. I think most on this forum have worked out he could carry most of these round on the flat.

I am in a strong financial position with him like a few on here but John Francome made a great point, he gets his back end high jumping the fences so can land steeply. Ruby is going to have his hands full because he will no doubt be as keen as mustard when they turn towards those downhill fences.

Comment

• The more I drink the more confident I am about Yorkhill winning. That is my Thursday morning sorted at least

More serious note - where is Francome .... I haven't seen him much at all this year? That from a preview MTOY?

Comment

• My take on Yorkhill:

I completely get why you'd want to be against him at his current price with the risk of jumping/pulling/keen. However his price factors these issues into the price imo. For all Disko, Top Notch and Politolgue are good solid horses, in terms of talent they are far below Yorkhill.
              Without these jumping issues and let's not forget he has only had 2 runs (disko and politilogue 4 chases, top notch 5 chases), he'd be odds on for the race. IF Yorkhill jumps like he did in the schooling session at the weekend from the 4th fence onwards nothing will live with him and will win with any amount in hand.

Yorkhill will have to be considerably below par or cause his own downfall to lose this.

Would I rather bet on:

A. Another horse and hope Yorkhill falls/mistakes OR
              B. Yorkhill to settle and jump round without issue

I'd certainly be wanting to side with the latter.

If I wasn't on already i'd be looking at chucking another fancied horse to bump up the price rather than take him on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                The more I drink the more confident I am about Yorkhill winning. That is my Thursday morning sorted at least

More serious note - where is Francome .... I haven't seen him much at all this year? That from a preview MTOY?
                Mick Fitz was saying this is what Francome had said at a preview evening. Not sure which one they were both at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mytentoryours1 View Post
                  Mick Fitz was saying this is what Francome had said at a preview evening. Not sure which one they were both at.
                  Think it was the one in Waterford

Comment

• DAVID CASEY ( has the name of being best judge in Willie Mullins)

PETIT WON'T GET UP THE HILL. FOOTPAD IS A 2M4F HORSE. NOT SURE IF LIMINI IS SUPPLEMENTED. I WOULDN'T. VVM IS A BETTER MARE.

Comment

• Mick Fitz is a tool isn't he! Cannot believe that both ATR and ITV have decided that the public really want to hear that excruciating tone of his. He gives me a headache!

Comment

• Comment

• Got the job done with few, if any jumping issues, but he has ended up winning with nothing in hand which would imply that the superstar tags are wide of the mark. Perhaps he might be a little better dropped in trip.

Comment

• Boom !!!!!

Comment

• KB, Ruby's comments afterwards suggest the opposite. He was saying he's a Gold Cup horse.
                              I think he may just idle once he gets in front and may have more left in the tank than it looks

Comment

• Not surprised. Given the choice they always say they are idling. Always happy to take the totally opposite view to Walsh. Mullins was talking about the Champion Hurdle. I would be amazed if he ended up as a Gold Cup horse, at the moment he isn't good enough even if he got the trip. He had none of the problems people envisaged and only just won. Proper Grade 1 opposition and he would have got beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X