Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
    I may be wrong (as I'm still fairly new to all this) but anything from May onwards counts as 'this' season.
    Karalee won her first race in May 2016, so is still a Novice.
    Please feel free to correct me if I am mid-informed... ��
    I am totally wrong about Karalee she is still a novice! I take it all back I don't know what I was thinking!

Comment

Kevin Blake said that Willie Mullins said he hopes Limini is good enough for this race... and it is actually on the ATR stable tour so I am sure you've all seen it...

“She has been a little bit slow to come to herself, but she will stay hurdling and will hopefully be back in time to run at Christmas. She was a bit unlucky on her last run at Punchestown, as Whiteout got a very good ride from the front that day and Limini just had a bit too much to do to catch her. I’m hoping she will stay far enough to make up into a contender for the Mares’ Hurdle at Cheltenham.”

7/1 at best
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 October 2016, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy78 View Post
        I am totally wrong about Karalee she is still a novice! I take it all back I don't know what I was thinking!
        She isn't quoted in the Mares Novice race for the festival still?

Comment

Limini ran and won a maiden hurdle on the 16th May 2015.
          Then went onto run in the Mares Novice in March 2016

Karalee ran and won a maiden hurdle on the 10th May 2015.

Obviously missed the next season but surely that means she too can run in the novice race? She raced before Limini did that season?!

I think even the bookies have little clue with this being such a new race. They often are slow to update races like the Foxhunters. Dread to ask any bookie to add her to the market though as you know she would come in a very short price.

Comment

I think both mares won there races in there novice season. So limini and karalee were both novices last season but the jumps season starts some time in April meaning this season both of them are no longer novices.. If that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
              I think both mares won there races in there novice season. So limini and karalee were both novices last season but the jumps season starts some time in April meaning this season both of them are no longer novices.. If that makes sense
              That's what I was originally thinking! Its confusing the shite out of me

Comment

I think the main confusion with novice races for newcomers to the sport comes from the second season novice who run but dont win a race during the year- Lets Dance for example. "Maintaining the novice status" is a strange enough concept.

Also the new GB season starts the day after the Sandown Celebration chase meeting - the Irish season usually ends a week later so you can end up with a horse like Gods Own winning his first race at Punchestown a couple of seasons ago and remaining a GB novice.

Comment

Karalee mentioned by Ricci (thanks Rowebot) as one for the handicaps...?

I still don't think I know who is going to what race

I want to see a "Mullins to win the mares" price.... as whatever he runs will be 11/10 at best haha

Comment

Where does he say that loaf?

Comment

Ricci 'stable' tour...

Karalee ( FR ) – 5 gr m by Martaline
                      She is the one that got away last season. We thought we were being clever by going to
                      Killarney at the start of the season to win a maiden hurdle and then give her a break before
                      a winter campaign. Unfortunately she hurt herself subsequently and we missed her entire
                      novice campaign as a result. We think she is well above average and will make a hell of
                      a chaser in time, assuming she has made a full recovery. Will probably be Christmas or
                      January before she is ready to go and could be one to keep an eye on for a handicap
                      hurdle at Cheltenham in March
                      , before going novice chasing next season.

Comment

Ricci (from On the Line last night) mentioned Karalee was likely to be one of a few who could be end up in this race.

I think it's clear she's definitely not able to go down the novice route anymore! (with that and the handicap quote)
                        I imagine it'll be a case of see how both her and Limini progress leading up to March with one going here and the other elsewhere either bypassing the festival or a handicap entry, with the possibility of VVM if needed

Comment

Now Apples Jade is looking likely to be heading for this race, (ha) I'd be amazed if Mullins doesn't win it. He won't want to lose his unbelievable record in this race, to an ex-horse, to Gigginstown!... Whoever lines up, I think Mullins will feel, will win it...and I will follow him on... if Limini or Karalee aren't good enough, VVM is going to put AJ in her place... if Mullins deems Limini or Karalee good enough, I am going in blind, hoping AJ holds a price.... (Long range prediction haha)

Comment

Sounds like kotkikova might possibly go down this route, which would be good for my betting balance. If she does go this way she would be my idea of the best bet of the festival at the current prices. In Nickys stable tour sounds like he might be leaning this way, but far from certain. Bloody Mary being injured now might do me a favour.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Now Apples Jade is looking likely to be heading for this race
                              Has anything come out on this then? Last I heard Elliott made a flippant remark about stepping her up in trip and being slow.
                              I would be very unlike O'Leary to target a horse at the Mares race.

Comment

I'm excited to see Kotkikova this year. It would be great if we could get an actual contest in this race for once. A couple of Mullins runners, Kotkikova and Apples Jade could be a very interesting race

Comment

Working...
                                X