Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around this time last year Hills went 5/2 that Mullins would win the Mares Novice Hurdle. Worth keeping an eye out to see if they do something similar again.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Around this time last year Hills went 5/2 that Mullins would win the Mares Novice Hurdle. Worth keeping an eye out to see if they do something similar again.
      Now that is a bet that I would be keen to lump on!

Comment

I did last year. At the same time BaldFred were offering 4/5

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
          Cant believe Lets Dance is a novice but 3s not a price I like. Triumph form looks reasonably strong though ?
          Take the 7s then

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Take the 7s then
            owned

Comment

On Karalee. I just noticed 365 have priced her up for the mares novice race! I cant believe a top bookmaker can do this. I know its probably a mistake and someone has probably requested it but ffs surely they can do there homework and work out she wont qualify. I bet as well if I made the bet today they wouldn't refund my stake when they know its wrong. Stan J has done this before but I expect it from them the two bob w#####s.

Comment

I may be wrong (as I'm still fairly new to all this) but anything from May onwards counts as 'this' season.
                Karalee won her first race in May 2016, so is still a Novice.
                Please feel free to correct me if I am mid-informed... ��

Comment

You are right Leman May does count in this season but it was May 2015 when she won at Killarney.

Comment

Ah yes! Close!
                    My minimal knowledge was OK, but my attention to detail was lacking
                    Last edited by Leman14; 25 September 2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I've seen bookmakers still have prices for horses who have retired or worse been put down in the past which is shocking. You'd like to think there must be some form of protection for any bets that have 0% chance of happening when the bet was placed.

Comment

The best one last year was Diamond King priced up as fav for the Martin Pipe race when he was officially rated 3 or 4lb too high for the race! To be fair its not an obvious one but to get the two blokes from the final furlong podcast continuously tip him up for the race is a joke. They only realised when someone pointed it out and they then claimed they tipped him up for the Coral cup! and these guys get paid to do this?

enough of the rant its Monday tomorrow back to work!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy78 View Post
                          The best one last year was Diamond King priced up as fav for the Martin Pipe race when he was officially rated 3 or 4lb too high for the race! To be fair its not an obvious one but to get the two blokes from the final furlong podcast continuously tip him up for the race is a joke. They only realised when someone pointed it out and they then claimed they tipped him up for the Coral cup! and these guys get paid to do this?

enough of the rant its Monday tomorrow back to work!
                          FF Podcast is gold.

Plenty of commentators in all sports have shocking gaps in their knowledge - these guys dont figure.

Comment

I thought Diamond King was rated below 140 but then the handicapper revised the rating? I don't remember them just getting it wrong? I might be biased though because I just love the FF podcast! Not enough like that out there...

Who is in charge here? Old Vic? Start a podcast!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I thought Diamond King was rated below 140 but then the handicapper revised the rating? I don't remember them just getting it wrong? I might be biased though because I just love the FF podcast! Not enough like that out there...

Who is in charge here? Old Vic? Start a podcast!
                              Old school here with no headmaster.

Comment

I've already got a bit on Limini as mentioned a couple of pages back... BUT

I am starting to think I am missing the obvious. Vroum Vroum Mag turns up for this, and wins easily again. Granted, she could 'go anywhere', but that might be clouding the obvious, that this is the race she is most likely to win? (I don't think she'd be without a chance in a whole range of races for the record, but she is shortest for this one.) She's the defending champion in it after all and with it being a grade 1, do we really think she'll go for any other race?

Now that isn't particularly interesting and it is inconclusive, but PP and Betfair have her at just 6/4 for this, yet Betfair have her at 11/4 to win any race.... I think at those odds, it is definitely worth having a chunk on!

Comment

Working...
                                X