Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Mares Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Mares Hurdle

Ive backed Kotkikova today for this at 16/1, Nicky has said that shes going to be campaigned over hurdles and Im fairly confident this might be the race they have in mind. Her rating puts her right in the mix for at least a place for this and if AP or VVM dont run she wouldnt have to improve a lot to actually win this. I accept that if AP or VVM go elsewhere Willie might have another really good replacement but at the price Im happy to have a go. She could be anything.

I think the 10's about Limini is massive in this. If I try and keep things as simple as possible, the new mares novice winners most natural next race at the festival would be the mares race. The owner could win this with AP or VVM, but if he can aim them (as better horses at this stage) at other races (championship races) and still pick up this prize, then if I was him, that's what I'd do. At 10/1 she wouldn't have much to fear at all Certainly wouldn't be a big price on the day!

**SJ have just changed the price on Limini from 10s to 5s! Bit drastic! and Kotkikova trimmed to 14s, maybe they read this forum
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 September 2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

I think the mares is going to be a wet race this season, especially in the Mullins camp, and I do hope Limini turns up in this will be great for racing and will hopefully give Vroum Vroum Mag and Annie Power freedom to go to other targets

Comment

Ive just read the RP this morning and Hendo saying they are going to school Kotkikova over fences !!! great !!! lol back to the drawing board i fear with this one

Comment

(although quite why they need to school her when she is already rated 156 is a bit strange, i realise French and English fences are a bit different but seems a bit strange and where they think they will place her will also be a bit of a challenge if going over fences)

Comment

I did see a few blogs/articles online yesterday suggesting that she was going straight into chasing, not sure if something was mentioned over the weekend on his owners day, but quite a few people have mentioned she is also similar in form to vroum vroum mag and there could be a potential clash between the two this season if VVM reverts back to chasing, haven't checked her form out myself yet though

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
              Ive just read the RP this morning and Hendo saying they are going to school Kotkikova over fences !!! great !!! lol back to the drawing board i fear with this one
              I dont think the owner would appreciate a clear statement of target so dont give on your bet yet Billy Dodging VVM will be the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                I think the 10's about Limini is massive in this. If I try and keep things as simple as possible, the new mares novice winners most natural next race at the festival would be the mares race. The owner could win this with AP or VVM, but if he can aim them (as better horses at this stage) at other races (championship races) and still pick up this prize, then if I was him, that's what I'd do. At 10/1 she wouldn't have much to fear at all Certainly wouldn't be a big price on the day!

**SJ have just changed the price on Limini from 10s to 5s! Bit drastic! and Kotkikova trimmed to 14s, maybe they read this forum

Agree Kevloaf - still 8's with SB. Obvious race to be aimed at and AP and VVM are capable of matching (and beating) the boys in other events, whilst I am not sure if that is the case with Limini.
                Worth a nibble in an acca or two

Comment

Karalee for Ricci and Mullins was being touted last year for the mares Nov but met with a setback, back in now I believe and maybe one to keep an eye on

Comment

If well-being is assured, then worth considering.
                    10's available at the moment is too short for a Mare that has been off track for over a year. BUT you're right, she was being talked up a great deal last year

Comment

Worth noting with Karalee as well is that at the start of last season she was often named as one for the Mares Novice, then Liminis name followed. (remember on both Patrick Mullins and Rich Ricci said it in this order) Maybe nothing in it but interesting if she was ahead in the pecking ahead at that time

Comment

Yeh I remember that too jono.

Would Karalee qualify for the mares novice race?

Comment

It looks as though she won a hurdle race in May 2015, so I would say not

Comment

Shame, wasn't aware she had ever made an appearance. Just watched it. Easy as you like ... doesn't make this race any clearer. One of about 5 that'd probably go off evens.

Let's Dance 7s for the Mares Novice race... 3s with Bet365.
                            Augusta Kate surely going to go for this race though, 7s with Paddy, 10 with 365. With connections, they'll want a day out. Surely be trained with this novice race in mind

Comment

Cant believe Lets Dance is a novice but 3s not a price I like. Triumph form looks reasonably strong though ?

Comment

Working...
                              X