Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PP now shortest on Melon at 3/1 and noticeably longest on Bunk Off early at 8/1.
    Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 2 March 2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      PP now shortest on Melon at 3/1 and noticeably longest on Bunk Off early at 8/1.
      Ruby (who writes a blog on the PP site) has probably told them he is riding Melon and in preparation for that announcement have priced accordingly, just a guess, but wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• What price do we see Melon going off at? I haven't been that fond of him I must admit but some of the competition is falling away (CP was my gut pick but not anymore, MR will probably be elsewhere). I might use Skybets offer and chuck a £20 at him but can't decide whether to take 4s now or wait for the day. I think he'll probably be a lot shorter on the day, anyone agree?

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
          What price do we see Melon going off at? I haven't been that fond of him I must admit but some of the competition is falling away (CP was my gut pick but not anymore, MR will probably be elsewhere). I might use Skybets offer and chuck a £20 at him but can't decide whether to take 4s now or wait for the day. I think he'll probably be a lot shorter on the day, anyone agree?
          Maybe, but i have a feeling the locals will be lumping on the local horse Ballyandy and he could well go off favourite

Comment

• Originally posted by donka View Post
            Maybe, but i have a feeling the locals will be lumping on the local horse Ballyandy and he could well go off favourite
            He's virtually favourite tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              He's virtually favourite tonight
              I'm liking the confidence behind BA, I know NTD is bullish about most of his but this is a really good horse. He's travels great and i loved the way he sprinted towards the last in the betfair, and the pace of the supreme should be perfect.

Comment

• The money has continued to come for him over the last week so it looks like they are confident.

Comment

• A Paddypower rep told me all the main bookmakers would take each other on for this race
                  He thinks it will be 5/1 the field on the morning of the race

Comment

• Cant see Melon being too short. Bookies will most certainly look to take him on. first race day 1, they'll be itching to price boost him etc.

Comment

• Hang on then you reckon guys?

Comment

• I won't be backing him ryan but I think there'll be at least half a dozen alternatives that get talked up or plunged nearer the time....

Comment

• Thanks Ista

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                            What price do we see Melon going off at? I haven't been that fond of him I must admit but some of the competition is falling away (CP was my gut pick but not anymore, MR will probably be elsewhere). I might use Skybets offer and chuck a £20 at him but can't decide whether to take 4s now or wait for the day. I think he'll probably be a lot shorter on the day, anyone agree?
                            I think Melon will open up longer than 3s on the day. Plus there will be offers with the likes of PP etc so I would wait personally

Comment

• Ballyandy almost fav?

If MTOY wasn't good enough to win the Supreme after winning the betfair hurdle from a higher mark, then Ballyandy surely can't?

I took Ballyandy at 14/1 Any Race at the start of the season, had NO IDEA he might end up fav in the Supreme haha.

25/1 NRNB too ..... there is some gold in these pages if you've been knocking around long enough.... not sure who to credit

Comment

• It's absolutely mental this years supreme, either a pretty average bunch or full of smart prospects..

Comment

Working...
                                X