Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any updates on Senewalk? when his debut could possibly be?

Comment

I haven't heard anything. The Royal Bond is at the end of the month / start of December. Mullins has ran his top novices in their without a prep run before so you'd expect Senewalk to get an entry at least.

Comment

I wonder if Henderson will enter Jenkins for the Supreme Trial next Sunday at Cheltenham? I suppose Altior could be a possibility for the Arkle Trial, although they would be tough races as an introduction for both horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          I wonder if Henderson will enter Jenkins for the Supreme Trial next Sunday at Cheltenham? I suppose Altior could be a possibility for the Arkle Trial, although they would be tough races as an introduction for both horses.
          I got on the min craze early at 16's last season. Standing in the parade ring watching on the big screen with my head in my hands.. having heard senewalk is RR main horse for the supreme I am tempted to follow the craze again

Comment

There's a few mentions of Jenkins possibly starting off at the Hennessy meeting at Newbury at the end of the month. Would make sense at Nicky often targets his good ones at that meeting. Buveur D'Air ran and won in the race last year and you'd hope the rain would have come by then!!

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
              There's a few mentions of Jenkins possibly starting off at the Hennessy meeting at Newbury at the end of the month. Would make sense at Nicky often targets his good ones at that meeting. Buveur D'Air ran and won in the race last year and you'd hope the rain would have come by then!!
              Am I missing something, as when I watched Jenkins it was average at best when given a proper race. It seems to be all the rage and everyone is wanting to know about it...

Comment

Not sure I'd agree he was average Mouseyaa. He won on debut very easily and was then beat in the Goff's bumper at the Punchestown festival by a decent horse. He looked like the best horse in the race and would have won with a more patient ride.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Not sure I'd agree he was average Mouseyaa. He won on debut very easily and was then beat in the Goff's bumper at the Punchestown festival by a decent horse. He looked like the best horse in the race and would have won with a more patient ride.

As you can tell, I'm a big fan
                  "decent horse" 10/11 & 13/15 in its last two races before that one

Guess I am just a big RR fan at heart

Comment

Moon Racer at Cheltenham this weekend, could be clear Fav come Monday if all goes well

Comment

Originally posted by mouseyaa21 View Post
                      "decent horse" 10/11 & 13/15 in its last two races before that one

Guess I am just a big RR fan at heart
                      4yo form doesn't always transfer but that was the strongest 4yo bumper and has produced multiple winners.
                      I think connections accept that he should have won that Punch bumper race too, can'y remember what they thought they got wrong but he was expected to win...

Comment

Patrick was riding and hit the front along way from home. If he'd have held on to him for longer he'd have won comfortably...... (I think)!!

Comment

I remember Hendo being unusually critical about something, sounds like it was Patrick lol

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                            Moon Racer at Cheltenham this weekend, could be clear Fav come Monday if all goes well
                            Interesting they're having a go at him again with Ballyandy.... I expected Ballyandy to be going UP in trip, certainly not going for the supreme trial... Might not have a bearing in the end destination but I guess they are tightly matched and I saw a good point put forward (I think by STD) that Moon Racer would have been schooling over hurdles for almost a season (in prep for the Supreme that he didn't end up running in) and Ballyandy had only had a few weeks/months of it, after a full bumper season...

Comment

I cant see Ballyandy turning up for this, has anyone heard that he is from connections

Comment

On Jenkins - Patrick Mullins also highlighted him as a novice hurdler to follow recently. He'll have a good idea having ridden him on how he compares with their novices so for me that is a positive if he thinks he could be a big player. Patrick also said he felt he lost the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X