Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me neither, relatively unchanged in the market.
    The bookies can't have been that imprssed

Comment

• I was a little underwhelmed by the performance, but in these maidens they do turn in to job and sprint affairs. Im not really sure we learned anything and the bookies who have cut him slightly puzzle me. Dont get me wrong it was fine and Ruby thinks the ground was a problem but im left feeling that we havent seen the Supreme winner there. I was much more impressed with Peace News in his 1 and 2/3 runs.

Comment

• Was keen to see your thoughts billy after you had mentioned him a fair bit.

I thought his jumping was slick but the performance as a whole did lack that wow factor. Despite the good jumping he wasn’t taking strides out the field and Ruby had to shake him at the end quite a bit. Hopefully the soft ground was a factor in that though. Mullins said he won’t want more than 2miles so at least the target of the Supreme looks right (bar the late Willie Mullins change!). Early days though of course on only his second ever start.

Still feels like we are waiting for a really standout performance in the Supreme market. Unless another one comes out, I guess it now rests on Melon’s shoulders for Mullins to have another hotpot in the Supreme otherwise he may struggle to stop henderson from winning the race again imo.

A shame LDS doesn’t run tomorrow at Cheltenham. Henderson has got an interesting runner though in William Henry - he was very impressive in bumpers in 2015 but missed all of last year due to injury.

Comment

• Yes im not knocking Crack Mome but yes just left feeling a little underwhelmed and we will find out where he stands when he he's upped in grade.

Comment

• Crack Mome time was 16 seconds quicker than the handicap over the same distance in the next race.

Mullins - "It was a very good performance and I'm really happy with the way he jumped out of that ground as Ruby said it was proper soft. That will bode well for the future. The minimum trip is enough for him and I don't think he'll have to go much further. Ruby also passed a remark that he was very green, so i'm hoping there will be improvement all round."

Comment

• Nice bit of 'clarity' regarding target at least!
              Biggest price of 14s with Paddy who have Melon at 12s .... that looks like the last throw of the dice then for a Mullins hot pot?

Comment

• Sympa Des Flos yet to run for Mullins and a Ricci, is in Mark Howard's Top 40 prospects, I may have missed him being mentioned on here but he's being touted as working well on the gallops

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                  Sympa Des Flos yet to run for Mullins and a Ricci, is in Mark Howard's Top 40 prospects, I may have missed him being mentioned on here but he's being touted as working well on the gallops
                  Good spot...

Sympa Des Flos ( FR ) – 4 ch g by Tiger Groom
                  Ran 2nd on his only start in France to Favorito Bucks who’s actually with Paul Nicholls now
                  in the prestigious Prix Finot last year. He was green and keen throughout but stayed on
                  well at the finish – we are hopeful that with time those immature signs will disappear,
                  he is apparently full of beans on the gallops in the mornings.

33 with sky... not bothering myself.

Comment

• He was entered a few weeks ago put withdrawn at the 5 day stage so clearly all not perfect with him, although ive not heard or read anything about a set back

Comment

• A nice form boost for Jenkins in the last at Cheltenham today. Paddy Power have cut him to 5/1 as a result which is ridiculous!

Comment

• It did look strong form at the time but Pingshou was a 25/1 shot on the day so surely improved for the run?

Comment

• Totally agree Kev and Faugheen, it seems desperate that they cut him after that. Pingshou had been off for nearly 2 years before he ran at newbury.

Comment

• Will one of the McManus 4 year olds end up here ? Another interesting one at cork today.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              Will one of the McManus 4 year olds end up here ? Another interesting one at cork today.
                              Hadn't considered that, but very possible. Especially with the amount still to come out.

Comment

• Sky Bet Supreme Trial Novices Hurdle

Friday 16th December 2016

Jenkins
                                Lough Derg Spirit
                                Keep In Line
                                Captain Forez
                                Capitaine
                                Thomas Campbell
                                Blue Surf
                                Apasionado
                                Ballyhill
                                Khezerabad
                                LondonPrize
                                What About Carlo

Interesting - priced up with Skybet at this stage

Comment

Working...
                                X