Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supreme Novices 2017

So with all the speculation over Senewalk, has anybody seen or heard of anything else that may challenge for the opening race, I am keen on Moon Racer, also want to see Mullins others ( Koshari, Admiral Chief etc)

I like the price of Moon Racer for this but if he was really good in his first two novice races, I could see Pipe pitching him into the Champion Hurdle. He has missed quite a bit of time through injury and he will be 8 by the time the festival comes round, so thats my worry with him otherwise id row in now!

Comment

33/1 for the Champion Hurdle. His bumper form after Cheltenham this shows he still retains a lot of ability surely?

I'd wait until the day to back Moon Racer though, with his record of getting there, and the likelihood of there being a well supported Mullins hot pot at the head of the market, you'll still get a very fair price on the day.

Comment

Agree. One i am interested in that seems to of been a bit underrated is Blow by Blow who won the Grade 1 Punchestown Bumper, not sure if this was coz it went off at 14/1 for that race and people are assuming its a bit of fluke the way the race panned out. I see that he is 25/1 for this and shorter for the Neptune, but the winner of G1 Punch bumper has gone on to contest the Supreme in 6 out of the last 8 years (one of those winners was Dunguib who was later disqualified) the other two winners that didnt run in the Supreme didnt make it to the Chelt festival. Blow by blow has red hot form and Gigg will choose the destination so there wont be any Ruby influence on him, hes by Robin Des Champs so could be also a Neptune horse but one im keeping a close eye on.

Comment

Everything I've heard points to blow by blow going for the Neptune, but obviously no confirmation from connections and things can change through out the season

Comment

That is excellent research about the Cheltenham target. Blow By Blow was Katie Walsh's first group 1 I think... watched it a few weeks back when I was looking at Moon Racer funnily enough.
            25/1 isn't a brilliant price but fair on what we've seen. Being a Mullins horse, he had a few in that race didn't he, so the SP of 14/1 probably meant it hadn't showed as much at home as some of the others? I am speculating a little with that, but assume I am right without checking...
            Not unheard of for the 'wrong horse' to end up being better is it. I can think of a few examples straight away where the initial talking horses haven't been the ones on top by the end of the season. Bellshill/Yorkhill a high profile one last year, before Christmas they were pretty clear Bellshill was better and by the end of the year they wouldn't go anywhere near saying that.

Comment

The one time bumper favourite, Aspen Colorado is entered at Listowel tomorrow over 2 miles. It'll be interesting how he takes to hurdling - priced up as if he'll win easily.

Comment

Huge drift before winning. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Huge drift before winning. Interesting.
                  6/4 was a nice price for backers....

Comment

Aspen Colorado workmanlike imo. Front two pulled well clear but no wow about it.

Moon Racer and Ballyandy both have entries this week.

Comment

First bit of actual form we've seen so difficult to get a handle on it. Positive would be how far away the front 2 pulled clear and that he beat the 2nd fav that came in for late support.

Very interested in Moon Racer ... what distance is he entered over?

Comment

The two bumper winners are entered in same race at Perth over 2m4f

Follow horse racing with Alex Hammond on Sky Sports - get live racing results, racecards, news, videos, photos, stats (horses & jockeys), plus daily tips.

Comment

Not delighted to see Moon Racer over 2m4f I have to say! I haven't even considered him going over further than the Supreme trip.

I'd think Ballyandy would go for the neptune based on the good solid case someone on the forum made about trainers/owners being creatures of habit.

Comment

He's entered over 2m 47y (not 2m4f!)... Breathe a sigh of relief!

Comment

phew!

Comment

Working...
                              X