Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novices 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone feel that now Jenkins has improved physically he would be able to withstand an uphill finish like Cheltenham and be a contender here?

Comment

Originally posted by wellsg View Post
      He's entered over 2m 47y (not 2m4f!)... Breathe a sigh of relief!
      Welcome wellsg and apologies for the error :o:o

Comment

Does anyone have or know about any real concrete information on Mullins horse Melon, why is he joint Fav for the supreme, I've dug around and come across nothing apart from his connections, supposedly he's worked well with some of Mullins "top horses" but no idea who he's been working up the gallops with...?

Comment

I was told that Melon was working really well with top horses from the stable and that the owners had turned down a huge offer from a powerful owner in the stable (assumed to be R Ricci).

Comment

There's also quite a few mentions about Graham Wylie's Crack Mome being extremely highly thought of in the yard. Nothing concrete mind

Comment

Senewalk gets a small mention in One Jump Ahead, Crack Mome also, both not in the top 40 prospects but that doesn't mean anything does it? Jenkins in there though

Comment

Jenkins mentioned in this too.

Henderson said: “We had Altior last season and have got to find another one.”

Jenkins, who won a bumper at Newbury before finishing second in the Land Rover edition at the Punchestown festival, is the “most obvious one”, although Henderson played down the significance of him sharing a field with Sprinter Sacre at David and Juliet Minton’s over the summer.

Baden, who also had solid form at Punchestown, is a novice from last term to note, as is Consul De Thaix, who ran in the Triumph, and Khezerabad, who was third in the Adonis.

Stowaway Magic did get off the mark over hurdles at Warwick in May but remains a novice the season, as does Phobiaphiliac, who struck at Southwell the same month.

The well-regarded and enthusiastic Cultivator, who runs in the Bobs Worth colours, also ran over hurdles in the spring, which Henderson believes he will have learned an “enormous amount” from, while Rather Be, not beaten far when ninth in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham, is among a clutch of potential-packed youngsters ready to go hurdling.They include River Wylde, Jameson, Thomas Campbell, Fly Camp and Christmas In April, who all created big impressions with wide-margin bumper victories.

Henderson is also looking forward to the return of Gaitway and William Henry, who have had time off, while Minella Rebellion and unrelated lookalikes Lough Derg Farmer and Lough Derg Spirit are point-to-point recruits to keep an eye on. “You have a job telling them apart and they’ve got similar names,” said the trainer. “They’re likely types to appear shortly.“Another point-to-pointer I like, but the commentators are going to hate, is Claimantakinforgan.”

Gaitway was a talking horse last year ...

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                  There's also quite a few mentions about Graham Wylie's Crack Mome being extremely highly thought of in the yard. Nothing concrete mind
                  Any idea which race he is likely to be aimed at? Incredibly difficult ask I know

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    I was told that Melon was working really well with top horses from the stable and that the owners had turned down a huge offer from a powerful owner in the stable (assumed to be R Ricci).
                    Ricci doesn't attempt to buy many in that way does he? Very interesting if true. You'd assume Ricci wants the fave for the Supreme again which would make Melon the best prospect based on all their homework?

My theory, based on a whisper that wasn't even whispered to me, might gain some legs. I love the angle, even if it turns out not to be true!

Oh my, Melon, Altior double. Can't miss. By 2.15pm on the Tuesday I'll be a millionaire!

Comment

Crack Mome is quoted at 50/1 in places for the Supreme, but nothing for the Neptune... obviously doesn't give us anything concrete to go on - but may give us a steer. Seems too good to be true??? Probably is!

Comment

maybe neptune thread

1) Yard confident in Ballyandy's ability to handle clash with the equally exciting Moon Racer

The gloves are off tomorrow when the last 2 Champion Bumper winners clash at Perth. The Gloucestershire hope has been pleasing in his work & has been compared to the yard's Gold Cup winner Imperial Commander. In that case, there's nothing to fear. He's settled in well in Scotland ahead of the race

Comment

Looking forward to Moon Racer v Ballyandy this afternoon. Moon Racer for me over 2m.
                          Promising 2nd at Punchestown after more than 1 year off. Just hoping he takes to hurdles.
                          Does anyone heard anything about Ballyandy and his possible optimum trip? He's quoted for all three Novice Hurdles...
                          Last edited by Leman14; 22 September 2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Well called Leman. The two pulled well clear (20L) of a 111 horse in receipt of 7lbs.

Comment

Not really sure what to make of that. Ballyandy being quoted for all three novice hurdles suggests that 2m may not be his optimum trip and although Moon Racer won, it may have been different had Ballyandy not clattered the 2nd last.
                              MR has been trimmed to JF @ 12's (from 16's) - but too early to gauge the form.

Comment

Tell you what, that could be a cracking bit of form between moon and Bally.. Not a bad time on soft ground either

Comment

Working...
                                X