Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Cheltenham Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
    Sadly, I think you are probably right. Elliott has been banging the drum night after night after night. If the switch happens he has effectively turned my 40/1 banker into a non-staying loser and I speak as someone who is on at 50/1 for the Gold Cup. My only chance is that the owners don't listen to someone who if it was down to them would never have ran the horse in a Grade 1 and thought the horse would stay four and a half miles.
    KB ..you and GE have made EOD a much more interesting horse than I thought possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      KB ..you and GE have made EOD a much more interesting horse than I thought possible.
      Lol, similar situation to Vautour last year

Comment

• FM - Djakadam fav on the exchanges Do you want to transfer me the money now to save on the commission of it going through the exchanges?

In all seriousness, at 16s it is probably time for me to lay off my stakes!

Comment

• I'm continuing to lay the win - it simply won't happen I but have shelved the plan to place lay for the time being, until i know the final field.

Comment

• Max 14 now... I'm just working out my position in this race as we speak. Djakadam, Sizing John and Minella Rocco are £500+ profit each at the moment. I'm getting more excited about Sizing John as the hours pass.... One of the most (if not THE most) unexposed horse at this trip... and his lack of wins are down to "potentially the best horse we've ever had"... I'm hoping he is like Excelebration .... and in a 'weaker' year, that might be good enough?!

Comment

• I'm sure a cynic would point out that, in a Gold Cup, unexposed = unproven and that's not really priced in at his current quote. That's my value angle on this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemorebusiness View Post
                I'm sure a cynic would point out that, in a Gold Cup, unexposed = unproven and that's not really priced in at his current quote. That's my value angle on this one...
                Yeh I see the point. I just mean he is unexposed at the trip still, as in he could still IMPROVE. Winning an Irish Gold Cup at his first try at 3m isn't anything to knock him with, and I've got 2 pts EW at 33/1 so the value now isn't on my mind Happy to have him 'on side'

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Yeh I see the point. I just mean he is unexposed at the trip still, as in he could still IMPROVE. Winning an Irish Gold Cup at his first try at 3m isn't anything to knock him with, and I've got 2 pts EW at 33/1 so the value now isn't on my mind Happy to have him 'on side'
                  That's a good voucher to have bud, top stuff..!! I'd just feel a lot better about his chances if there was some pace in his last race before 3 out. Hope he stays all day, would love for Jessie to win the big one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Seemorebusiness View Post
                    That's a good voucher to have bud, top stuff..!! I'd just feel a lot better about his chances if there was some pace in his last race before 3 out. Hope he stays all day, would love for Jessie to win the big one...
                    Her first runner I think!

If he had that last time out you wouldn't get the double figures (10/1 best though).... I think the price is fair... you're taking a punt at double figures but we don't KNOW he was suited to the way the Irish Gold Cup went.... we can assume it, but who is to say he won't improve for an end-to-end gallop?

Comment

• Most buzz was probably about Native River. Cue card dismissed, Joe Tizzard said TC was a good thing. The other buzz horse was probably More of that. Especially for at least a place

Comment

• Originally posted by horseflyuk View Post
                        Most buzz was probably about Native River. Cue card dismissed, Joe Tizzard said TC was a good thing. The other buzz horse was probably More of that. Especially for at least a place
                        Disappointing to me that connections come out now saying TC was a good thing. WOuldn;t be saying that is all 3 we're still in it but should do!

Comment

Working...
                        X