Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chester Tips

Sefton
    CALL TO BATTLE won a Listed contest on ground with some give at Leopardstown in November and reappeared with a fine run in the Ballysax on that track. He couldn't cope with Light Heavy on that occasion but had David Livingston behind. The latter did best when front-running last season and was held up last time so it would be no surprise to see him attempt to make all on this ultra-sharp track. Mickdaam had been in good form on Tapeta in Dubai before an excellent second in the lucrative Tattersalls Millions at Newmarket. This longer trip should suit and he's a threat while the two maiden winners, Minimise Risk and Model Pupil, are well regarded by connections and not without a chance as they step up in grade.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehaa View Post
    Gabrial out today ....was Richard Faheys tip for the meet
    Typical. Tip beaten by a neck at 2/1 while Mickdaam lands vase at 8s

Yeehaa
    More from Richard Fahey ...do with it what you will and dont shoot the messenger

Kyllachy Star loves Chester and he's been aimed at the Fat Gary Sports Earl Grosvenor Handicap all season. He ran a good race first time, won't mind the ground and I just hope they go a good gallop. If they do he'll run a big race.

She's A Character runs in the same race but her best form is at Doncaster on a straight track. The owners are from Chester and they have other runners there so it's great she's running too. To be fair if they go flat out and she gets herself organised she could run a big race but of my pair I'd have to go for Kyllachy around there.

Viva Ronaldo runs for the same owner as She's A Character and he goes in the Edge Worldwide Handicap. He likes the track but I'm just a bit worried about the ground, he's never run on a surface as soft as this, but he does have a good draw.

We've got Tamareen ready for this race for Marwan Koukash and there's not a lot between the two of them but the ground will be the key factor.

Lady Loch is our runner in the highstreetvouchers.com Maiden Fillies' Stakes. She was second to Moonstone Magic on soft ground at Leicester last time and this could be a chance to get her head in front. She's in great order, gets the trip well, won't mind the ground so I'm hoping she runs well.

Mica Mika is our final runner at Chester in the Gravity Global Investments Handicap. He'll love the ground, there are no issues there, he's very fit and very well and has form at the track too. He's another who could run very well but the extreme conditions just temper enthusiasm a little. This fellow should cope with them though.

Yeehaa
    Simon Holt : two tips

1pt win Astrology in 14.05 Chester at best-morning price. Closely matched with Bonfire but just might be better bred for this test.

2pts win Brown Panther in 14.35 Chester at best-morning price. Has Memphis Tennessee to beat and he could prove the better bet on this ground.

Yeehaa
    Last one...

Bonfire

Justified strong support in a soft ground Salisbury maiden - Cheshire Oaks third Cubanita in second - before an unlucky in running third in the Group One Criterium International in France behind subsequent Guineas second French Fifteen. Would surely have won that day with a clear passage, testing ground holds no fears and will be expected to enhance his Epsom Derby claims.