Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Friday Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
    I like a good conspiracy theory too, you could be onto something LR, wouldn't be the first time the yard have pulled it off
    I would think WM would want Ruby on his best horse with the British title at grasp.

Comment

Melodic Rendezvous would be huge at 50/1 if he produced his best, will love the ground

Comment

Melodic Rendezvous would be huge at 50/1 if he produced his best, will love the ground
        And that's why he was that price, lol, obviously gone at the game, didn't have a bet in the race and I certainly wouldn't have picked the winner given 5 darts

Comment

And that's why he was that price, lol, obviously gone at the game, didn't have a bet in the race and I certainly wouldn't have picked the winner given 5 darts
          There are definitely no up and coming G1 horses in that field. Ma Fa Fou was very disappointing and so were many others.

Comment

Limini was disappointing there, unsatisfactory result really with Petit Mouchoir being so close, not sure how to read that, then again I'm struggling to read anything at the moment, just had a single on UTPT, had been a double, then probably just Triolo D'Alene in the Nash, might give it a rest for a bit then if no joy, sometimes that's what I need

Comment

Another miserable failure, I was briefly tempted to put a big bet on Vautour but decided against that, I've made a fortune on him over the last couple of years so I'm not going to ruin that, will just watch and, hopefully, enjoy. I say hopefully because Cheltenham seems to have taken it's toll on a lot of the runners here, so fingers crossed for a true champion to put on a show

Comment

4.05 Blood Cotil 16/1 - made no sense to me why he was thrown back over hurdles in the Coral when he always runs a good race over the larger obstacles on good-good/soft ground.

Comment

I was briefly tempted to put a big bet on Vautour but decided against that
                  I'd get your lottery numbers down now Mr M, looks like your luck is changing.....

Comment

Limini was disappointing there
                    Not always the case but Mares don't always perform against the boys, suggests the nov mares race at Chelt probably wasn't that strong....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      Not always the case but Mares don't always perform against the boys, suggests the nov mares race at Chelt probably wasn't that strong....
                      Plus with a lighter build it could be that recovery from Cheltenham could take longer, she had a harder race there than todays winner I would say, how would you read todays race Isty, a big boost for Altior, or hard to assess, if the former then Altior must be a budding superstar

Comment

Plus with a lighter build it could be that recovery from Cheltenham could take longer, she had a harder race there than todays winner I would say, how would you read todays race Isty, a big boost for Altior, or hard to assess, if the former then Altior must be a budding superstar
                        Yep, they always said Quevega was fragile and she could only visit a racecourse twice a year, maybe they the mares are more prone to aches/pains/longer recovery.

I think Altior is a superstar in the making I really do, but today won't have done much to enhance that view as I tend to ignore Aintree form when it comes to Chelt, two entirely different tracks.
                        Take the Ivan Gorbatov/Apples Jade race yesterday, I think the fav ran underpar but not 45 lengths under par, there are just some horses that adjust to the undulations of Cheltenham and some who don't like it all, Apples Jade is one I'll oppose whenever he goes back on that basis.
                        They're talking about schooling Altior over fences which I don't agree with, I can only assume they think the horse will go Arkle then a hattrick of Champion Chases to justify passing up a champion hurdle tilt next year, but it's horses like Altior that I spend the Summer looking forward to seeing again....

Comment

Working...
                        X