Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Thursday Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going in to Cheltenham I thought Pentland Hills had looked more like an Aintree horse and then he did what he did. I still think Aintree will bring about further improvement. I think he could well be a superstar from what has been a very disappointing division this year. I like him a lot. Any juvenile that did what he did to older horses at Plumpton is likely to be top drawer.

Can't see anything to touch him at Aintree. The loss of Sir Erec understandably took some of the attention away but he is a proper racehorse.
    Last edited by Seven Towers; 24 March 2019, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Band of Outlaws will beat him at Aintree

Comment

when do Grade 1 entries come out ?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
          Band of Outlaws will beat him at Aintree
          I think so too

Comment

Originally posted by Seven Towers View Post
            Going in to Cheltenham I thought Pentland Hills had looked more like an Aintree horse and then he did what he did. I still think Aintree will bring about further improvement. I think he could well be a superstar from what has been a very disappointing division this year. I like him a lot. Any juvenile that did what he did to older horses at Plumpton is likely to be top drawer.

Can't see anything to touch him at Aintree. The loss of Sir Erec understandably took some of the attention away but he is a proper racehorse.
            Got a price in your head that you'd like?

Is Fusil Raffles likely to make the race?

Comment

I'm hoping Band Of Outlaws turns up because it will push Pentlands price out. Nico knows what he's sitting on. He loves him.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                when do Grade 1 entries come out ?
                This is the schedule for Irish horses:

For Cheltenham, Irish entries were 1 day ahead of UK entries so I'm thinking that we may be looking at Thursday although weights for the Thursday card are due to be published on Saturday.

Comment

...I wonder if Kemboy runs in the Bowl. Trends are against it from an age perspective but I would be looking to back it in the early market if it’s overpriced.
                  Last edited by Eggs; 26 March 2019, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
                    ...I wonder if Kemboy runs in the Bowl.
                    Early days yet but he'll get an entry.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                      Early days yet but he'll get an entry.
                      ....cheers, Archie, I hoped you’d respond.

Comment

....cheers, Archie, I hoped you’d respond.
                        That's today's news. A week is a long time in politics and an eternity in Willie-land.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                          That's today's news. A week is a long time in politics and an eternity in Willie-land.
                          ....ha,ha. 8-1 at the off for the Gold Cup suggested a lot of confidence. I backed him 17-1 ‘any race’ months ago and for Ryanair @ 27-1. I didn’t think GC would be the target. I recall last year WM running him in the Irish National (I backed it 33-1) but he fell at the 1st. Saying that, it suggested Mullins had no stamina doubts.

Hope he turns up.

Comment

....looking forward to seeing the Bowl entries and early markets now that Bristol de Mai is an intended runner.

Comment

....looking forward to seeing the Bowl entries and early markets now that Bristol de Mai is an intended runner.
                              I really hope Kemboy runs in this

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                I really hope Kemboy runs in this
                                ....and me. Archie suggests he will certainly have an entry and I might be drawn into having a small initial interest if he goes underrated in the early market.

Comment

Working...
                                X