Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Thursday Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely !!,Well done Archie !, I had him in my L.31 too , Great performance from the Horse and jockey.

Comment

• Whoosh! Back home now and the San Miguel tastes good!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Ruby said that all he had to do was steer and keep the horse from going too quickly.

Sympathies are with evertoncal who, knowing that Voix Du Nords don't stay a yard beyond 3 miles, presumably got wiped out.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
        Whoosh! Back home now and the San Miguel tastes good!

Thanks to everyone for their kind words. Ruby said that all he had to do was steer and keep the horse from going too quickly.

Sympathies are with evertoncal who, knowing that Voix Du Nords don't stay a yard beyond 3 miles, presumably got wiped out.
        WIllie mentioned America for him?!

I assumed Punchestown and then Gold Cup next season...via defending his crown at Leopardstown.

Look forward to it whatever it is!

Comment

• Just caught the race now, congrats Archie, lovely performance that, never in doubt

Comment

• Brutal day. 4 2nd places (to win), a 20/1 ew 1-3 finishing 4th, and a few doubles across the festival going kaput. Didn’t return a penny.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
              Azzuri a non runner due to the ground, feel for everyone with the fancy prices

....ah, but so happy you put me on Moon over Germany. I wasn’t so daft that I didn’t follow you in last night at 14 and 12s.

Had Supersundae @ 16-1. I rarely back a short priced one, but I love Kemboy so much I not only backed him but I went out in the pouring rain just to see him. So chuffed for Archie.

Regardless, I backed him for next years Gold Cup at 10-1.

Comment

• Had a great day yesterday but it was a case of what could have been. I'd doubled and trebled loads of horses with Moon Over Germany, and a Burning Ambition win would have netted me £13k.

The weather was awful but the racing was as brilliant as ever.

Congratulations Archie - that was easily the performance of the day. Ruby sounded very confident before racing and he couldn't have done it better. Delighted for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Had a great day yesterday but it was a case of what could have been. I'd doubled and trebled loads of horses with Moon Over Germany, and a Burning Ambition win would have netted me £13k.

The weather was awful but the racing was as brilliant as ever.

Congratulations Archie - that was easily the performance of the day. Ruby sounded very confident before racing and he couldn't have done it better. Delighted for you.
                  Very nice!

Buveur the only negative?

Thought of you as Moon Over Germany won. I had a pathetic 1 pt at 7s but I know you had a lot bigger!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Very nice!

Buveur the only negative?

Thought of you as Moon Over Germany won. I had a pathetic 1 pt at 7s but I know you had a lot bigger!
                    Buveur D'air was really disappointing. I think I have to admit defeat with him and look elsewhere for the Champion hurdle winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

WIllie mentioned America for him?!

I assumed Punchestown and then Gold Cup next season...via defending his crown at Leopardstown.

Look forward to it whatever it is!
                      I think that he's looking at the 200k race in October that was won by Jury Duty last year.

Personally, I'd be inclined to take Cadmium there and try for the £1M bonus with Kemboy who, as I thought, has been raised to 174, just a pound below Al Boum Photo.

Comment

• The American 'Grand National'?

That's the one Shaneshill and Nichols Canyon both ran in? (beaten by my good old friend Rawnaq?)

Not sure Willie will send any really good'uns over for Haydock in November though.. much as you might like it?

Comment

• What are we missing tomorrow ?

Cant imagine Epatante would have gone to the Aintree Hurdle leaving it as a penalty kick for Honeysuckle.

Goshen would have had his redemption.

Lost in translation maybe would have been the one for the bowl ?

Comment

Working...
                          X