Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Thursday Card

Fat Jockey (ridden out claim) Eggs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Azzuri a non runner due to the ground, feel for everyone with the fancy prices

....ah, but so happy you put me on Moon over Germany. I wasn’t so daft that I didn’t follow you in last night at 14 and 12s.

Had Supersundae @ 16-1. I rarely back a short priced one, but I love Kemboy so much I not only backed him but I went out in the pouring rain just to see him. So chuffed for Archie.

Regardless, I backed him for next years Gold Cup at 10-1.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Had a great day yesterday but it was a case of what could have been. I'd doubled and trebled loads of horses with Moon Over Germany, and a Burning Ambition win would have netted me 13k.

The weather was awful but the racing was as brilliant as ever.

Congratulations Archie - that was easily the performance of the day. Ruby sounded very confident before racing and he couldn't have done it better. Delighted for you.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Had a great day yesterday but it was a case of what could have been. I'd doubled and trebled loads of horses with Moon Over Germany, and a Burning Ambition win would have netted me 13k.

The weather was awful but the racing was as brilliant as ever.

Congratulations Archie - that was easily the performance of the day. Ruby sounded very confident before racing and he couldn't have done it better. Delighted for you.
    Very nice!

Buveur the only negative?

Thought of you as Moon Over Germany won. I had a pathetic 1 pt at 7s but I know you had a lot bigger!

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Very nice!

Buveur the only negative?

Thought of you as Moon Over Germany won. I had a pathetic 1 pt at 7s but I know you had a lot bigger!
    Buveur D'air was really disappointing. I think I have to admit defeat with him and look elsewhere for the Champion hurdle winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post

WIllie mentioned America for him?!

I assumed Punchestown and then Gold Cup next season...via defending his crown at Leopardstown.

Look forward to it whatever it is!
    I think that he's looking at the 200k race in October that was won by Jury Duty last year.

Personally, I'd be inclined to take Cadmium there and try for the 1M bonus with Kemboy who, as I thought, has been raised to 174, just a pound below Al Boum Photo.

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    The American 'Grand National'?

That's the one Shaneshill and Nichols Canyon both ran in? (beaten by my good old friend Rawnaq?)

Not sure Willie will send any really good'uns over for Haydock in November though.. much as you might like it?