Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agree - weird thing has happened this year as a relative newbie where as by now I'd have loads of sweet AP bets down on all the hotpots, this year I find myself doubting them all, barely any AP bets (certainly multiples) and thinking I'm going to be chasing value

Here I think I'll bet on the day - probably begrudingly back Yanworth or Footpad who I've been tracking for a while

Comment

• Yanworth definitely the most solid play. Wish i'd had a bumper pot on him each way a few months ago, can't see any way he won't battle his way into the first 3, and the only 2 i could see outpacing him are limini or moon racer (maybe buveur dair also if some juice in the ground)

Comment

• so moon racer maybe going here now. Some of the races this year are a right conundrum

Comment

• If we couldn't make a solid case for Moon Racer to win the Supreme.... then how on earth he is 10/1 for this race is crazy.

Would Limini, Yanworth, Buveur D'air, Brain Power, Petit Mouchoir ... win the Supreme? ABSOLUTELY. (PM? haha) .... but come on, Moon Racer.... they are looking at the AGE not the horse. Fair play, I'd do the same...but a place at absolute best ....infact, I can't see him in the top 5

Comment

• This may be harsh, and I may (more than likely) be completely wrong but I don't see him placing in any race he contests at the festival, I'm not a fan of his at all. Mad to say given his course form and consistency.

Comment

• Plenty of talk for th top 4 in the betting.. Have a nice ticket on petit mouchoir but wouldn't write off sceau Royal on better ground..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                If we couldn't make a solid case for Moon Racer to win the Supreme.... then how on earth he is 10/1 for this race is crazy.

Would Limini, Yanworth, Buveur D'air, Brain Power, Petit Mouchoir ... win the Supreme? ABSOLUTELY. (PM? haha) .... but come on, Moon Racer.... they are looking at the AGE not the horse. Fair play, I'd do the same...but a place at absolute best ....infact, I can't see him in the top 5
                If he was yours Kev, where would you run him?

I'd definitely be having a crack at the Champion of he was mine. He's notoriously difficult to train so this may be their only chance. I don't think he is good enough to win btw, even though I have a nice price on him.

Has there been any word on Ch'Tibello after his wind op?

Comment

• Can't have moon racer for the CH
                  There has never been a bumper winner or even a runner as far as I know to go on and win a Champion Hurdle
                  Yanworth has a chance but he doesn't hurdle well enough

Comment

• Can't understand why anyone would knock moon racer, what has he done wrong in anyone's book to not be a top class horse.. Won the bumper.. Jumps well, course form. Ok not proven as an absolute world beater but he beat the 1/2 in the betfair hurdle

Comment

• Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
                      Can't understand why anyone would knock moon racer, what has he done wrong in anyone's book to not be a top class horse.. Won the bumper.. Jumps well, course form. Ok not proven as an absolute world beater but he beat the 1/2 in the betfair hurdle
                      That 1/2 in the Betfair hurdle we're absolutely thrown in and everybody knew it though. That form isn't particularly strong IMO.

FM - If I owned Moon Racer, I'd run him in the CH .... but my motives would be different... I'd rather lose in the CH than lose in the Supreme?

Comment

• There won't have been many who attempt this having not run for four months and even less who do so after just two novice outings...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          That 1/2 in the Betfair hurdle we're absolutely thrown in and everybody knew it though. That form isn't particularly strong IMO.

FM - If I owned Moon Racer, I'd run him in the CH .... but my motives would be different... I'd rather lose in the CH than lose in the Supreme?
                          Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            There won't have been many who attempt this having not run for four months and even less who do so after just two novice outings...
                            Faugheen the only winner from not the same calendar year?

I just can't see it..... I had a small bet at the 50s EW and I'll try and lay it to get my stake back from the supreme! - If MR wins, then I've be down for the race.... happy to live with myself there.

Comment

• But the 1st 2 in the betfair hurdle didn't just win and place.. They pulled miles clear. And it's not like MR has given any signs he's not a good solid horse.. Don't write him off lads he's defo one for th place pot

Comment

• cwright, that tells me more about the betfair hurdle trends and the fact the 'capper over penalises older horses leaving that race wide open for young unexposed types than the quality of those two horses...

Comment

Working...
                                X