Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I am saying though is "there's no hiding place" shouldn't affect Altior if he can record that time. If other horses want to take each other on earlier, trhey don't finish any faster ... the times are really comparable... If Altior ran his own race, then he'd be in the mix, so a year older he would be (you'd guess) able to improve to be coming very hard and fast after the bend...

Comment

Is Peace & Co finished ?

Ran like a horse with an issue last year.

Comment

Haven't heard anything mayo but he wouldn't be the first horse to be ruined by a Triumph, Henderson stable tour might provide the answer....

Comment

Seems too weak on betfair - they are a gambling stable.

Might be other issues but needs a jockey with better hands to settle him than he had last year.

Comment

Altior goes chasing

Comment

Nooooooo

Comment

Where have you read this Billy? Nothing on social media that I can find.

Comment

I hope Billy is correct.

I would love to see Altior line up in the Arkle

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                    Altior goes chasing
                    Not cost me any AP vouchers but I really hoped the horse would win a CH first....
                    Best priced 5/1 unchanged ? So maybe not yet certain ?
                    Last edited by Istabraq; 7 September 2016, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Would make sense with Yorkhill shortening for the JLT earlier in the week?

I am not on Altior for the CH but it'd make it a cracking race.... however if you're Hendo, you can see why they've done it! 5s could look very big... sucks for my Min / Yorkhill double though

Comment

Not seen any confirmed quotes for altior, however what interests me is Paul Ferguson's opinion which he makes altior his best chance of tipping a festival winner, and it's for altior in the arkle... Would have thought he would have some sort of inside knowledge/information, and does slightly explain yorkhills drift in the arkle market even this early in the season and without any concrete knowledge

Comment

Can't really say where I got it from, but it's 100% reliable, the plan is defo chasing

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                            Altior goes chasing
                            I hope not ...I think Henderson said something similar about MTOY in his book last year so still time for a change of heart.

Comment

Thanks Billy. The last thing I heard was they were going to target a hurdle race and go from there. Hendo is definitely of the impression that Altior could be a champion Hurdle horse.

He is the only horse that could have put it up to the Mullins battalion IMO.

Comment

Hendo does like a 2 mile chaser though doesn't he, and the Arkle looks the easier route and the CC the year after if Douvan gets moved up in trip.... can always revert back to hurdles too can't he... I think I would get him over a fence.

If Mullins wanted to he could make sure every single time Altior had a race it was a tough one and he'd have ammo left over to win the Champion Hurdle.... The Arkle looks easier at this stage, obviously. Not as exciting but thinking long term, a 2 mile chaser to put it up to Douvan even might be exciting?!

Comment

Working...
                                X