Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Yorkhill back over 2 miles - Champion Hurdle 2017 ?

No Draw Horse Owner Trainer Rider Wgt
    1 Ball D'Arc (FR) Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott Davy Russell 11,12
    2 Brain Power Michael Buckley Nicky Henderson (in GB) (Foreign) David Mullins(C) 11,12
    3 Charbel Mrs Julie Martin and David R. Martin Kim Bailey (in GB) (Foreign) David Bass(T) 11,12
    4 Don't Touch It John P. McManus Mrs John Harrington Barry Geraghty 11,12
    5 Petit Mouchoir (FR) Gigginstown House Stud W.P. Mullins Bryan Cooper 11,12
    6 Yorkhill Andrea Wylie W.P. Mullins R. Walsh 11,12

From Nicky Henderson's season review...

ALTIOR was also a star last season but is at the other end of the spectrum as he’s got to get to the top now having been so impressive in the Supreme. He has already schooled over fences but we are still undecided whether to stick to hurdles or go novice chasing with him. I’d like to hope he’s a Stan James Champion Hurdle horse as he’s so exciting but the only thing that really matters is that he lines up at Cheltenham on the Tuesday in either the Champion or the Arkle!

Sounds to me he'll be given the chance to prove he's a champion hurdle horse. Taking more of the 14/1.

So Ricci starting the games now Re Faugheen and Annie's

Faugheen is too good to be running in that muck of a race World hurdle. Has to be champion hurdle or if they want to try something ambitious a 1season gold cup campaign like Conygree. But its the champ hurdle which makes most sense.
    Hes the best 2mile hurdler in my eyes

Ricci will certainly be eyeing the clean sweep of championship races this year and with Faugheen (CH or WH), Douvan (CC) and Annie Power (CH or WH) he certainly has 3 very good bullets to fire.

The Faugheen/Annie double for both scenarios is tempting..

No value in taking any prices for the CH yet I don't think.. Anyone who takes 2/1 faugheen or 3/1 Annie can't complain if either are diverted to other targets come March..

Plenty of value in the 10/1 Altior IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Plenty of value in the 10/1 Altior IMO.
    I go along with that, he's only priced double digits because of the possible chasing campaign, if the hurdling route is confirmed and he retains health through the Autumn he'd be no bigger than 4/1, so is he 6/4 to be chasing come March ?
    I'd say not.....

any news on Altior ? Hendos open day cant be far away.