Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I am glad thats over! (touch wood)

IF Annie does has an interupted prep, (it is the only reason I can see her not being in the CH) ... PaddyPower are 17/1 for the Faugheen CH / Annie Mares double.... not sure that is big enough to have 'a saver' on? Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Well I am glad thats over! (touch wood)

IF Annie does has an interupted prep, (it is the only reason I can see her not being in the CH) ... PaddyPower are 17/1 for the Faugheen CH / Annie Mares double.... not sure that is big enough to have 'a saver' on? Thoughts?
      Dont forget VVM.

Comment

• VVM would go for the World or over a fence? If Annie doesn't go for the CH, she can only go for the Mares?

Pfft, I have cooled down I won't back anything now haha

Comment

• Haha! I'm not even going to try and second guess where VVM will go. I enjoy trying to guess the targets of Mullins horses but she is just on another level - anyone who guesses her correct target at this stage is a genius as far as i'm concerned

Not sure I want to add anymore bets involving Annie and Faugheen yet. I'd want to see them get a race in them before I back them again whatever the combination

Happy that the Annie retirement talk were nothing but rumours. Feel quite happy now that I have Yorkhill backed for this, not that his price has changed but just because I don't need to keep worrying about him going for this race every day. I'll be massively better off if Annie goes here and Yorkhill goes JLT but at least he's covered and I know for sure that price will tumble if he is confirmed.

Comment

• If Annie Power doesn't turn up here, Faugheen will and that's enough to stop me getting too involved in this race. Either of those two are head and shoulders above the rest imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              If Annie Power doesn't turn up here, Faugheen will and that's enough to stop me getting too involved in this race. Either of those two are head and shoulders above the rest imo.
              Similarly to jono, I will be much better off (potentially) if Yorkhill goes chasing...

however, today has made me think a lot and I think if it was my decision, I'd be staying over hurdles. I think his Neptune win, potential to improve and lack of any credible opponents (juveniles looking poor, last years similar novices going for different targets (Altior Arkle / Yanworth World Hurdle) and potential doubts about the Ricci horses wellbeing) means he would be a stone-cold certainty to place in the Champion Hurdle this season.

I'd rather win the CH than the JLT, so I suppose the decision might be made on whether they think he can step up into a Gold Cup/Champion Chaser in the 2018 season?! --- A lot of water to go under the bridge then?

Comment

• VVM won the Punchestown Champion Hurdle over two miles and at Ascot over almost three. Highly thought of.

Comment

• They obviously rate Yorkhill highly but his performances at Aintree and Punchestown set the alarm bells ringing with me so I'd like to see him back on the track before I consider him a serious being prospect. He was one of a few horses to go to all three spring festivals and that can have an impact.

Comment

• VVM the next Champagne Fever, will go wherever connections don't send her stablemates...

Comment

• If Annie and Faugheen dont go to the fest. If I was RR I would be tempted to send Douvan here and VVM to the QMCC. Just a thought

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        VVM won the Punchestown Champion Hurdle over two miles and at Ascot over almost three. Highly thought of.
                        I don't think they do rate her that highly compared to other horses... to be labelled "the super sub" isn't grand praise. By definition it means she is just below what they consider their top horses....

Of course I am sure they like her, but they haven't ever tried anything ambitious so far and if they did decide to 'go for it' they could well send her KG and for the Gold Cup... at least she is proven over the trip?

Despite all that though, you're right, I sort of forgot her...I'd have her as fav for the CH if Annie and Faugheen weren't running so it is a good point that I hadn't really given much thought to!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aldie1988 View Post
                          If Annie and Faugheen dont go to the fest. If I was RR I would be tempted to send Douvan here and VVM to the QMCC. Just a thought
                          As mayo pointed out, VVM has already won an open company 2m grade 1 and beat the same horses Annie did... so would make much more sense to send her for the CH and don't mess aropund with Douvan on his path to greatness

Comment

• Completely agree. Just exciting to think at the strength of all these horses mentioned. I hope to god Douvan turns up at the KG and stays. Would be unbelievable tv if he won on the bridle

Comment

• Another alternative option on the Rich Ricci / Mullins merry go round...

Ditch the chasing planning for Min and have him go for the Champion Hurdle, leaving Yorkhill to go for the Arkle.

As good as the Ricci horses are it just shows how bad the likely turnout for the race is that any horse he'd enter would go off favourite whether it's Faugheen, Annie, Min, Yorkhill, VVM

Comment

• To me, it shows why it's not good to have all these good horse with one owner / trainer. Imagine if Vautour / Annie Power/ Faugheen had run against each other. That would have been a race for the ages!

Comment

Working...
                                X