Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2017 Champion Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Wylie throws his weight around regarding targets.

When is he due on the final furlong, maybe he'll break the news on that?

Comment

• Paddy power have noticeably pushed out their prices on Yorkhill today for the Champ hurdle and the Arkle and they are very much the shortest on him for the JLT, i might have to revise my thinking on the dots that ive joined up! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Paddy power have noticeably pushed out their prices on Yorkhill today for the Champ hurdle and the Arkle and they are very much the shortest on him for the JLT, i might have to revise my thinking on the dots that ive joined up! lol
        Yipeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

• Yorkhill has Drinmore entry - should know intentions soon enough

Comment

• Here's hoping!

I'd still be surprised if Yorkhill goes straight into the Drinmore. Alpha des Obeaux and Diamond King are both likely to run amongst others - so he'd be up against it on his chasing debut against just those horses. I just can't think of another horse over the last few years that Willie has sent into a grade 1 chase on his first start over fences, even the likes of Douvan and Vautour who were considered some of his best ever chasing hopes.

Douvan : 1st run beginners chase then the Racing Post Arkle (grade 1)
            Vautour : 1st run beginners chase then the Racing Post Arkle (grade 1)
            Champagne Fever : 1st run beginners chase then the Racing Post Arkle (grade 1)
            Valseur Lido : 1st run beginners chase then the Drinmore (grade 1)
            Don Poli : 1st run beginners chase then the Topaz Novice Chase (grade 1)
            Arvikka Lig.. : 1st run beginners chase then the Drinmore (grade 1)
            Djakadam : 1st run beginners chase then a grade 2

He's a creature of habit Willie and I just don't think he'll do it, regardless of who the horse is. He never throws a horse straight into the deep end in a grade 1 chase (please correct me if he has?!) There's no time to get a run in beforehand now in a beginners race so for me that means 0% chance he runs in it, as much as i'd like to see it sadly...

Comment

• Strong rumours coming out this morning of Annie Power being retired I would be absolutely gutted if that was the case, would mean my 2 favourite ever horses (Sprinter and Annie) would be retired within 2 weeks of eachother

With that in mind i've taken the 16's on Yorkhill. I REALLY hope it's a wasted bet but I do think there's more going on with Annie and Faugheen then what is being let on...

Comment

• Annie definitely weak on Betfair

Comment

• 16 on Yorkhill won't be there for long. The drift on betfair is upsetting. PaddyPower not reacting yet and still 3s for Faugheen ... could be nonsense?

Comment

• Easily could be nothing but she has been hard enough to train I think.

Comment

• Yorkhill into 10s on 365

Comment

• Ricci admitted a few weeks back that Mrs Ricci wanted to retire the horse but he managed to persuade her to keep Annie racing. It wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of agreement made where by if she has any setbacks that are not minor he'll retire her.

I think Willie would be very reluctant to go into the Champion Hurdle with a injury prone (in the last 2 seasons anyway) Faugheen as his only main hope so I would expect Yorkhill to come into the equation then. It's funny though really as if you were to take out Faugheen and Annie - surely Mullins and importantly Wylie have an alternative in stablemate Nichols Canyon (over Yorkhill).

He wouldn't beat Annie or Faugheen but i'd fancy Nichols Canyon against the rest of the field for sure, especially after another good Morgiana win, seems like it's all go stayers with him though as if there was any thought of NC going champion hurdle I can't see why the delay in Yorkhill's target

Comment

• Still no move from Paddy ... only... would they leave it this long? This is going to be nonsense *fingers crossed*

Comment

• Really hope so Kev. Worth noting though on Paddy Power - although they have got a good track record of getting it right, pretty sure they were double figures on Vautour for the Ryanair the day before Cheltenham this year so i’m not sure they will always have the inside scoop everytime

It seems to have got very quiet since this morning’s ‘rumours’ began though which I think is a good sign it could be nonsense. You would have thought connections would be quite quick to announce something like this for a high profile horse like her.

Shame there's no Irish racing on today as usually At The Races would be able to interview Mullins at the course
                            Last edited by jono; 23 November 2016, 12:56 PM.

Comment

• Matt Chapman (who seems to have a good relationship with the yard):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Am led to believe just niggles with <a href="https://twitter.com/AnniePower_">@AnniePower_</a> and she will be fine. Retirement simply rumours. Yeeehaaa! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/justsayingmightbewrong?src=hash">#justsayingmightb ewrong</a></p>&mdash; Matt Chapman ITV/ATR (@MCYeeehaaa) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCYeeehaaa/status/801439070161342464">November 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• The exchange is back to normal, shes 7/2. Looks like it was just a twitter room that ignited it.

Comment

Working...
                                X