Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    Vautour going 2 miles at punchy according to Willie in tomorrows RP.

MrMG knew. Willie a bit slower
    About time too

Good race

1 Baily Green R.A. Scott M.F.Morris Mark Enright(T) 11,12
    2 Clarcam (FR) Gigginstown House Stud Gordon Elliott Bryan Cooper(B & T) 11,12
    3 Flemenstar Stephen Curran Anthony Curran Keith Donoghue 11,12
    4 God's Own Crossed Fingers Partnership Tom George (in GB) (Foreign) Paddy Brennan 11,12
    5 Simonsig (GB) R.A.Bartlett Nicky Henderson (in GB) (Foreign) Barry Geraghty 11,12
    6 Special Tiara (GB) Mrs S. Rowley-Williams Henry de Bromhead Noel Fehily 11,12
    7 Twinlight (FR) M.L. Bloodstock Limited W.P. Mullins Paul Townend 11,12
    8 Vautour (FR) Mrs S Ricci W.P. Mullins R. Walsh 11,12

Probably doesn't mean much at this stage but Skybet were 10's about Vautour for this a week ago, they've cut twice since and he's now 6's, most don't have him priced up but they could be hoping to avoid any big prices, if the stable suggested it was on the cards I don't think you'd see much above 2/1, quite possible Douvan targeted at longer races with Ricci being intent on a Gold cup horse, I can't personally see Vautour being taken down that route again, never know for sure with this mob of course

I've taken the 8/1 with Paddy Power. If he wins well later he'll be very short indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I've taken the 8/1 with Paddy Power. If he wins well later he'll be very short indeed.
    Agreed FM, hopefully they've seen the light

They have gone with "looked like a stayer" after the race.

Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    They have gone with "looked like a stayer" after the race.
    Should have gone with "Greedy connections lost their focus", it's laughable really, they know he's not a stayer they've tried it this season and almost ruined the horse's chance of winning anything, hopefully they will realise the tender ride/hard season/ and left handed track all combined to beat Vautour yesterday, otherwise we could get a rerun of this season

I think Willie and Ted were the ones with the stayer comment..

FWIW Rich Ricci, the owner of Vautour, said that his chaser had “probably had one race too many”. He added: “He looked flat to me and never had a good cut at his fences. Ruby [Walsh] said he never made any ground in the air and wasn’t himself.”

Simonsig ran well for along way - he may be in a similar place to where Sprinter was this time last year. My big concern is that he looks like he has to win easily - this is the third time I have seen him look less than resolute in a finish.

Kudos to Gods Own though - he is a better horse right handed.
    Last edited by Old Vic; 04-27-2016 at 08:55 AM.

StanJames have Vautour at 5s and PaddyPower have Vautour at 25's. Maybe PaddyPower are trying to double bluff with those odds.

If Douvan takes a step up at a canter and won the King George, Vautour would maybe be brought right the way back down? Although probably the least likely of all of his targets now. He would surely have the beating of Gods Own, left handed at Cheltenham, but that isn't CC winning form.

I was a big fan of Ar Mad, and 25's seems fair to me. However Ar Mad was also better right handed and really you're looking at a place bet so I won't be getting involved. Not much point to this post is there really.

I saw Douvan when he made his chasing debut at Navan.

He was lean, athletic and quiet as a lamb.

I will follow him over a cliff if need be.

Wherever he lines up at the festival he will win.
    I think it will be the Champ. Chase but the Gold Cup is wide open so he might work his way into it if he shows staying ability over the winter.