Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Top 5 Festival Performances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
    Great work, delighted to hear that.
    My wife has already dug her claws into the winnings and I'm already a Mulberry handbag and a weekend to New York down !
    Haha, this is so funny, to make my other half happy I ended up buying a new bedroom for the little one.

Comment

Is it guilt do you reckon ?
      I was away Monday to Thursday and have to say that most of the time I forgot I was married, is this what makes us go gift crazy when we get home ?
      A few days away with friends and we feel compelled to win back brownie points immediately....

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Brilliant advice Ista - after any big win I make sure I buy something with it.

We've (she's) booked a family holiday today and bought a new TV.....a good way to keep the Mrs happy!!
        It is the price of having the head buried in the laptop for Jan and Feb

Great to make it pay.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
          Haha, this is so funny, to make my other half happy I ended up buying a new bedroom for the little one.
          Fortnight in Fuerteventura in May for me n me misses, another one pencilled in for September in Lanzarote, doesn't stay in the pocket long does it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
            Fortnight in Fuerteventura in May for me n me misses, another one pencilled in for September in Lanzarote, doesn't stay in the pocket long does it?
            Lol.
            But again, at least you do something with the crackers.
            We've all had worse festivals, how did we cover the missus' wishes in those years ?

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Lol.
              But again, at least you do something with the crackers.
              We've all had worse festivals, how did we cover the missus' wishes in those years ?
              The look on my face says"don't ask"

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                The look on my face says"don't ask"
                Oh the lies we've told.....

Comment

I saw today the 'capper gave his verdict on festival performances, Altior rated 160 which is exactly the same rating given to Douvan last year and 2lb higher than the rating given to Vatour when he won his Supreme

Comment

Ista - what Aidan said

Aidan O'Brien added: "It's unbelievable to be here and it's happened. The last time I saw him was in Ballydoyle and I've just seen him at the races since. It's a great team effort. I'm delighted for Joseph, JP and everyone.

"Joseph rode him to win on the Flat and I always thought this was the closest to him (Istabraq) that we have had."

"That's incredible for him (Joseph) and it's a big deal. He's been brought along nicely and he didn't over-do him for Christmas as he had his eye on running him in this race.

"He needed the last day for experience and Barry gave him a great ride today.

"Joseph has always been around horses, it's like breathing to him and he's worked very hard for this."

Comment

Working...
                    X