Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Festival Losers to follow - pick five

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'd be nice if they could get to the race on 160.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      I asked for Perfect Candidate to be added to the national betting on the exchanges but don't think they've added him yet Ista.
      I'm almost pleased he is so far under the radar and off everyone's lists that when someone does price up it could be a ricket quote, on the exchanges no-one will populate on the lay side.
      At 148 he would be guaranteed a run now and probably bang around the magical 11st, how does Fergal campaign him ?
      Keep him ticking over without altering that mark ?
      I think Fergal O'Brien is one of the best trainers of a staying chaser around, he's not a fashionable trainer so his mounts often receive less attention than the big yards but trust me this fella knows the time of day.

On Don Poli, he is still only 7, it's feasible he can still improve so his current mark (164 ?) is probably as low as he'll be this season, obviosuly it helps the field if he gets an upper 160s mark for the race.

Comment

It's going to be tough for Fergal, one win and he probably blows his chance of a national, too many defeats and he won't get in. No easy answer I'm afraid.

Comment

This thread might be worth a bump, bound to be one or two that are currently under the radar who got unlucky last year...

Comment

Working...
          X