Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2017 Antepost Bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I was going to back Yorkhill at 6/1 for the JLT I would double it up with Min for the Arkle. (62/1)

I personally think that Ruby holds a huge hand in where they end up at the festival and considering that the Tuesday is 'Ruby Tuesday'. He will be on whichever horse gives him the best chance to win the Arkle (even if that isn't the best race for that horse) - I believe they didn't 'avoid Altior' so much this year, it was more that they thought Yorkhill could beat Yanworth and Bellshill couldn't, and Ruby wanted to ride both. I guess they thought Min had a better chance of beating Altior than Bellshill did beating Yanworth?

With that being the case, the only way I can see Yorkhill lining up in the Arkle is if Min isn't thought of as a 'good thing'. Therefore, if I was going to take the 6s, I would go for the double.

You could take the 2s for him to win any race I suppose but wouldn't be much shorter on the day. Plus Barters Hill is winning the JLT less than 24 hours after he bolts up in the RSA
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 29 August 2016, 10:06 PM.

Comment

• Agree with the Min/Yorkhill double.

Comment

• Not sure about the horses fitness but IT CAME TO PASS was going really well last year when he fell 3 out in the Foxhunters, totally unexposed and will only be 7 next festival, one to have a look at 16/1

Comment

• I will have to go back and watch that race because I can only remember watching On The Fringe the entire race. Guarenteed target at least and you'd imagine single figures on the day. Not a fan of the trainer either.

Comment

• It Came To Pass was well backed in the lead up to the race and was still going well when unseating (as were many others).

I'm not a fan of the trainer but this horse was running well last season, when many of his stable weren't.

Comment

• If i knew he was sound fitness wise he would be my antepost chelt bet at this stage, I accept On The Fringe is a Fox Hunters legend but at his age he is one ill be looking to take on. I forget who made the point in an early post, but I agree that they might find it tough to get him ready for the Chelt fest this year if they are attempting to do all the big 3 fests again, because of his age. IT CAME TO PASS is totally unexposed and is one ill back as soon as ive heard he is ok.

Comment

• Great to see the Chelts chat fellas....

Comment

• Been trying to find good multiple bets with horses that should be more or less going for one of two targets, I see buveur d'air as a good bet at 14/1 for the JLT, especially if altior goes chasing as he will be in the arkle hopefully against yorkhill, buveur d'air peformance at aintree was something and as long he can find that form slightly earlier in the year then he has a great shout for me, also Aux Ptit soins in the RSA has to be one for me, think the horse will jump a dream and seems to handle Cheltenham, it was a great run in the world in my opinion considering it was his first back for a year, then that leaves me guessing on the Willie Mullins battalion, and my pick has to be invitation only in the Neptune, he may head the market now at 10/1 but arguably one of the better bumper horses last year if he takes to hurdling at that is his target then will be less than half that on the day, these three worth the ante bet punt for me right now, that's until the jumps season starts anyway... ������

Comment

• There'a a few judges who think that the Wylies have the best novice hurdler in the Mullins yard in Crack Mome....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      There'a a few judges who think that the Wylies have the best novice hurdler in the Mullins yard in Crack Mome....

Comment

• One that got mentioned to me recently is a horse of Harry frys, wotzizname, hacked up in two hurdles last year from two runs and reportedly being kept back for chasing and schooled well, with stamina apparently in abundance I'm now touting him for the 4 miler, currently at 66/1 I think he's worth watching in what should be an open division this year...

Comment

• Originally posted by gjt7756 View Post
                          One that got mentioned to me recently is a horse of Harry frys, wotzizname, hacked up in two hurdles last year from two runs and reportedly being kept back for chasing and schooled well, with stamina apparently in abundance I'm now touting him for the 4 miler, currently at 66/1 I think he's worth watching in what should be an open division this year...
                          Thats my kinda price

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Great to see the Chelts chat fellas....
                            +1 the next one will be closer than the last one shortly

Comment

• I hope this Chelt Chat continues at this pace as a minimum because I am already thinking about it a few times a day and I need to vent it somewhere at least mildly constructivly.

Really interested about Crack Mome, no odds yet anywhere and I guess the target would be too hard to predict anyway? Does anyone have a handle on what was in behind it that day? It'll improve a bundle anyway but always interesting to look at imho.

Wotzizname trimmed into 50's already...fantastic info. Is this a race Fry will target?

Comment

• Just had a little bet on Garde La Victoire for the Ryanair. He was tipped all over the place prior to the JLT and backed from 12's a week or so before in to 4/1J. He fell with too far to go to be able to tell what would have played out, but in my opinion he was travelling well and coming in to the race nicely. Taking the same though process that there is no point taking on Douvan over 2 miles, there have nowhere else to go. You've got a top jockey on board, a decent trainer, likely ground in his favour again. He did fall again at Aintree so I suppose two falls back-to-back isn't ideal for a championship race, but a few confidence boosting outings this season would surely see him well fancied again?

Comment

Working...
                                X