Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Top Jockey without Walsh and Top Trainer without Mullins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top Jockey without Walsh and Top Trainer without Mullins

Top Jockeys w/o Walsh as per SkyBet

Geraghty - 5/2
    Twiston-Davies - 9/2
    Cooper - 5/1
    Johnson - 11/2
    Townend - 9/1

I like the look of Townend, he should be riding Yorkhill/Min, Nichols Canyon, Long Dog, Smart Talk and Djakadam.
    Can't work out why Johnson is shorter odds than him? Other than Balthazhar King and Garde La Victoire he is going to relying pretty much on the Handicaps. Am I missing something?

Top Trainers w/o Mullins

Elliot - 2/4
    Henderson - 2/1
    Nicholls - 4/1
    King - 8/1
    Tizzard - 16/1

Should Tizzard should be shorter than King? Obviously there is Yanworth and Thistlecrack and then Smad Place and Cue Card. Any other potential winners for King?

What is everyones thoughts?

Nico at 12s for me ( with 365)

He basically has the rides Geraghty would have had last year plus a few from Pauling

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
      Nico at 12s for me ( with 365)

He basically has the rides Geraghty would have had last year plus a few from Pauling
      Yes Nico does look a shout.
      I would be keener but I just worry about which rides he will definitely get?
      He will have Altior, Vaniteaux, Sprinter Sacre, Different Gravey and Josses Hill and the Pauling rides as you said. BUT will Bass/Jacob be riding L'Ami Serge, Vyta Du Roc, Top Notch, Polly Peachum, Kilcrea Vale, Fixe Le Cap?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Pete View Post
        Yes Nico does look a shout.
        I would be keener but I just worry about which rides he will definitely get?
        He will have Altior, Vaniteaux, Sprinter Sacre, Different Gravey and Josses Hill and the Pauling rides as you said. BUT will Bass/Jacob be riding L'Ami Serge, Vyta Du Roc, Top Notch, Polly Peachum, Kilcrea Vale, Fixe Le Cap?
        Lami - yes
        VDR - Jacob ?
        Peace & Co - Yes
        PP - Bass
        KV - Jerry MCG
        FLC - yes I think

also Whisper and a good ride in Mares Novice and most of handicaps

Comment

Lami - yes
          VDR - Jacob ?
          Peace & Co - Yes
          PP - Bass
          KV - Jerry MCG
          FLC - yes I think

also Whisper and a good ride in Mares Novice and most of handicaps
          You've sold him to me, 12s is decent.

Comment

Can anybody point me towards Paul Townends likely rides that he has a decent chance of winning on?
            Min/Yorkhill in Supreme?
            Nichols Canyon in Champion Hurdle?
            Long Dog in Neptune?
            Smart Talk/Myska in Trull House Stud Mares?
            Up For Review in the Albert Bartlett?
            Djakadam or Vautour

Have I missed any/got any wrong?

Comment

Don't think he'll be riding smart talk -shet's trained by Brian Ellison. He usually rides for Rebecca Curtis so Irish Cavalier etc could be his in the handicaps if WPM has nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Don't think he'll be riding smart talk -shet's trained by Brian Ellison. He usually rides for Rebecca Curtis so Irish Cavalier etc could be his in the handicaps if WPM has nothing
                Thanks, not sure where I got that from!

Comment

Richard Johnson gets Shantou Village for the Albert Bartlett, wonder how many other decent rides outside of the Hobbs yard he will get

Comment

you should look at bryan coopers rides

Comment

Would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some help.
                      I need to choose between Hobbs,King,Tizzard and O'Neill to get the most winners at the festival. Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Pete View Post
                        Would really appreciate it if you guys could give me some help.
                        I need to choose between Hobbs,King,Tizzard and O'Neill to get the most winners at the festival. Any advice?
                        That is a tough one Pete. Tizzard has the shortest one but others probably have bigger teams - Jonjo probably has best spread of contenders. Not something I would bet on.

Comment

That is a tough one Pete. Tizzard has the shortest one but others probably have bigger teams - Jonjo probably has best spread of contenders. Not something I would bet on.
                          Very tough one. It isn't for betting it is for fantasy cheltenham, you should give it a go! Yeah other than Cue Card and Thistlecrack Tizzard doesn't have too much.
                          For me I think I have narrowed it down to Hobbs or O'Neill. Any thoughts between those two? I worry that Jonjos had such a poor season...

Comment

Tizzard has Native River and Theatre Guide tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              Tizzard has Native River and Theatre Guide tomorrow.
                              Beyond them you could only really make a case for Third Intention though.

Comment

Working...
                              X