Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Cheltenham Festival Day 3 Yankee (by Ista)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's everyone's views on Bristol De Mai yesterday, does that performance put him in the JLT reckoning ?

Comment

He was very impressive yesterday and his jumping was foot prefect. I'd have reservations about backing him on typical festival ground though - rightly or wrongly, I have him down as a mudlark.

That said, he looks to be the best of the British at the moment.

Comment

FM - JLT first race on Thur means they can water right up to Wed night so at worse ground will be good to soft, is that deep enough for him ? Possibly not, but if you believe yesterdays description that's what they race on at Sandown....

Comment

Yesterday's performance has booked his place in the race which in turn means L'ami Serge will run in the Arkle. At least these two horses are running in the correct races, over their optimum trip.

I've just checked and BDM is top price 6/1 for the JLT - I'm not tempted by that, are you?

Comment

Probably not at 6/1 but that's more because I am a massive Killultagh Vic fan.
            I wouldn't be put off backing BDM 4 places at around 1.80 though, but that doesn't help the yankee !

Comment

I really like KV too but missed all the big prices.

I've got a couple in mind for the handicaps on the Thursday but neither are listed in the betting at the moment. I'll wait to see if they are entered before I post them on here.

Comment

Taglietelle - World Hurdle 66/1 nrnb
                Taglietelle - Pertemps 20/1

I don't know who watched the race earlier but I was very impressed of the way Taglietelle travelled throughout the race, though a mistake 3 out cost him. I was surprised how strong he finsihed after that bad mistake and carrying top weight!
                If you watch his jumping closely you see he jumps ever so slightly to the left and his last couple of hurdle runs have been right handed, so being lhd around Chelts and on spring ground are all positives.

I will be happy if he runs in the WH where I can try to nick 1/4 of 66/1. But if he doesn't run in WH I will get my dough back and have 20/1 for the Pertemps - where I think he will still run well with the weight he will have to carry.
                Last edited by loveracing; 7 February 2016, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Bump for the judge...

Comment

Needs a bump.

Reminder I'm not around from Monday morning so need to have four selections agreed soon and I need the input of educated forumites.

I'm looking at the each way yankee so I'm avoiding the Mares where Limini is likely to be a ward order and I make Thistlecrack a certainty so unless there are compelling arguments against those two I'm suggesting four from the following races:

JLT
                    Pertempts
                    Plate
                    Ryanair
                    Kim Muir

Of those races I am very keen on Garde La Victoire (JLT) and Beg to Differ (Kim Muir).
                    Of course plans are still to be finalised but I'll assume these are their targets.

I'd appreciate any views on races to focus on as well as selections
                    Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                      Bump for the judge...
                      lol - great minds and all that....

Comment

I like Dr Harper if he turns up in the plate

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                          I like Dr Harper if he turns up in the plate
                          Good shout MMG.

Everyone here knows I am a big Tag fan, but I am happy not to suggest him for my single bet sake. lol

JLT - GLV all day long for me.

Comment

Black Hercules in the JLT and Taglietelle in the Pertemps are two I like

Comment

For your consideration

GLV in JLT
                              Arpege D'Alene in Pertemps
                              Josses Hill in Ryanair
                              Niceonefrankie in the plate
                              Smart Talk in Mares Novice ( had a dream Limini fell at the last )

Comment

Originally posted by Yeehaa View Post
                                For your consideration

GLV in JLT
                                Arpege D'Alene in Pertemps
                                Josses Hill in Ryanair
                                Niceonefrankie in the plate
                                Smart Talk in Mares Novice ( had a dream Limini fell at the last )
                                I like Smart Talk as well for an each way bet. I can't see anything bar Limini or Myska being good enough to worry her.

Comment

Working...
                                X