Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Cheltenham Festival Day 4 Yankee (by MMG)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it would be Mullins form in the race that puts me off

15 Black Hercules 5/2F 7th
    14 Briar Hill 2/1F Fell
    13 Inish Island 3rd but Ballycasey was a NR and antepost favourite
    12 Boston Bob 2/1 F 2nd

Comment

MMG - I quite like the look of Clondaw Warrior 16/1 in the County, he looks well treated. Whats your views on him?

I am trying to work out which is WM's plot horse for this race.
      Last edited by loveracing; 27 February 2016, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Townshend could be one for Mullins as could Nambour in the handicap hurdles

Comment

Townshend is interesting Paz.

Does anyone see any other Mullins handicap hurdlers with previous course form? Doesn't have to be a win, just decent course experience I am looking for.

Where is Arbre De Vie going?

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
            MMG - I quite like the look of Clondaw Warrior 16/1 in the County, he looks well treated. Whats your views on him?

I've been looking for plot horses too LR, one or two that have been given a fairly easy time, avoiding the really heavy going, and kept fresh with a mind to being spot on at the fez, I can't help but think some of those campaigned over the last 10 weeks or so will have left their chances in the mud

Comment

CW has a great record when fresh, 4 wins and a second after a break of more than 60 days, appears to have been kept back with that in mind so has to come into the reckoning

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                CW has a great record when fresh, 4 wins and a second after a break of more than 60 days, appears to have been kept back with that in mind so has to come into the reckoning
                I took 14's nrnb for the County today with 365. If he runs he will probably go off 8's-10's with the Ruby factor.

Comment

MMG gave interest in Starchitect in the Betfair Hurdle which he ran a cracker on stable debut and his first run of the season. I do like horses with good fest experience from the previous year.

Could he go close for the County now? My concern would be he will try to make all which will never happen in this big field.

In the Exeter Cheltenham Preview Evening DP quoted "Starchitect will hopefully come on for finishing 2nd in the Betfair and what also was encouraging was he made a bad mistake, but is more likely to run in the County and he should be competitive.
                  Last edited by loveracing; 28 February 2016, 08:04 PM.

Comment

MMG gave interest in Starchitect in the Betfair Hurdle which he ran a cracker on stable debut and his first run of the season. I do like horses with good fest experience from the previous year.

Could he go close for the County now? My concern would be he will try to make all which will never happen in this big field.

In the Exeter Cheltenham Preview Evening DP quoted "Starchitect will hopefully come on for finishing 2nd in the Betfair and what also was encouraging was he made a bad mistake, but is more likely to run in the County and he should be competitive.
                    You're spot on there LR, I did like the look of him in the Betfair and backed him accordingly, nice 16/1 second, thought he was going to hang on for a while, but his front running style worries me in the county, plus does he get a penalty for that, not sure.
                    I have warmed to your suggestion of Clondaw Warrior and I like Next Sensation for the Grand Annual, could be 2 Yankee places there, will have to sort this out for next week, so thoughts welcome everyone

Comment

You're spot on there LR, I did like the look of him in the Betfair and backed him accordingly, nice 16/1 second, thought he was going to hang on for a while, but his front running style worries me in the county, plus does he get a penalty for that, not sure.
                      I have warmed to your suggestion of Clondaw Warrior and I like Next Sensation for the Grand Annual, could be 2 Yankee places there, will have to sort this out for next week, so thoughts welcome everyone
                      Funny as you say that MMG about CW. I have now started to warm to Dicosimo for the County(though front running again a problem) because of the following quote by WM in his stable tour, Though you can't believe a word at this moment.

"Arbre De Vie, Children's List, Clondaw Warrior, Kalkir and Petit Parisienne would look ones for the Coral Cup".

I have backed the following 3 for the County with my biggest liability on Dicosimo.

Dicosimo 25/1 nrnb
                      Clondaw Warrior 14/1 nrnb
                      Starchitect 16/1 nrnb
                      Last edited by loveracing; 2 March 2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Must be time to kick the tyres and light the fires on the fj Yankees, get the suggestions in and all that, here's a tentative one, all criticism and pointers welcome.
                        Connetable Triumph
                        Djakadam GC
                        Next Sensation GA
                        Gangster Bertie B

Comment

Must be time to kick the tyres and light the fires on the fj Yankees, get the suggestions in and all that, here's a tentative one, all criticism and pointers welcome.
                          Connetable Triumph
                          Djakadam GC
                          Next Sensation GA
                          Gangster Bertie B
                          All with a fair shout MMG. I wouldn't think twice to place that bet.

Comment

All with a fair shout MMG. I wouldn't think twice to place that bet.
                            It's a decent starting point isn't it LR, we need some feedback now then we can select a nap for the main yankee

Comment

They all look good to me MrM.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                They all look good to me MrM.

Good stuff guys, couple of days to make our decision yet, also hoping STD goes for Connetable, still has options, interesting that he's already dismissed Zubayr and given that ride to little Nicky

Comment

Working...
                                X