Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Prestbury Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prestbury Cup

Best Prices

4/5 GB
    13/8 IRE
    6s Draw

13/8 Bet of the week ?

I think the Irish should be favourites. 13/8 looks cracking value to me.

Comment

Agreed, those prices don't make sense when you look at the ante post prices for each race.
      13/8 is a play if you can get on....

Comment

looking at the history on Oddschecker - the Irish were 5/2 to win not that long ago, which seems crazy now.

Comment

Didn't UK prevail by a point last year ? And that's with just 8 Mullins winners, a UK gold cup winner (a check on the betting suggests the Irish should win this years renewal) and a new mares race where yet another Mullins hotpot will feature.
          I'd love to be holding a 5/2 voucher but a 13/8 one would be OK too...

Comment

Been priced on past history rather than this year odds but wrong way round.

Irish-trained successes at The Festival

2015 - 13 ( 27 races)

2014 -12 (27 races)

2013-14 (27 races)

2012-5 (27 races)

2011-13 (27 races)

2010-7 (26 races)

2009-9 (26 races)

2008-7 (25 races)

2007-5 (24 races)

2006-10 (24 races)

2005-9 (24 races)

2004-4 (20 races)

2003-6 (20 races)

also noticed Betbright have a new investor ?

Is Rich Ricci, the ex-Barclays investment banker turned racehorse owner, poised to add a stake in a betting company to his stable of thoroughbreds?

Is Rich Ricci, the ex-Barclays investment banker turned racehorse owner, poised to add a stake in a betting company to his stable of thoroughbreds?

Intriguing talk reaches Spy’s ears that Ricci, the (dartboard) pin-up of the financial crisis, is pumping cash into online betting company BetBright, with the sum of £7 million doing the rounds and chatter that Ricci might even become executive chairman.

BetBright — relatively new on the scene — is a trading name of Dublin-based Dedsert (Ireland), licensed to operate in the UK by the Gambling Commission.

So after the owner of Annie Power let us all down (the horse fell at the last when leading and saved the bookies millions) at Cheltenham in March, has Ricci found another way to take more of our cash?

The American refuses to comment.

The BetBright chaps in Dublin aren’t talkative either but management is “aware” of Spy’s enquiry, whatever that means.

Comment

Thanks OV.

So in 4 of the past 5 years the Irish have won a minimum of 12 festival races and their arsenal for this year is arguably stronger now than in any time in history, I could be getting stuck into that 13/8.

Re Ricci owning/investing in bookmakers, I'm not a fan of this, I think it creates an unhealthy relationship and possibly a conflict of interests.
              I know it's been done plenty of times but no question odds compilers of any bookmaker get access to information not publicly available as a result, that can't be good....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Thanks OV.

So in 4 of the past 5 years the Irish have won a minimum of 12 festival races and their arsenal for this year is arguably stronger now than in any time in history, I could be getting stuck into that 13/8.

No worries Ista. Saw it on the Irish Racing Blog yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                X