Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely we'll get at least 8/1 on the day. PFN's record in this race is brilliant so he's one I'm keen to get on side too but not at 6/1.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
      Do you think his price is a bit short now Ista? Maybe he will go out a little on the day?

I managed to get 10's and want more on him, but i'm not sure if 6's in a big handicap field like this is value.
      I wouldn't expect him to be any bigger than 8s but I expect him to be fav on the day and it's worth considering the price of the favs in the race:

2015 Box Office 13/2
      2014 Dawalan 7/2
      2013 Saphir Du Rheu/Bordini 6/1j
      2012 Vendor 3/1
      2011 Plan A 4/1
      2010 Sanctuaire 4/1
      2009 Alexander Severus 5/2
      2008 Ashkazar 15/8
      2007 Gaspara/Pouvoir 9/2j
      2006 Royals Darling 9/2

Comment

What sort of record do favs have in this Isty, any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
          What sort of record do favs have in this Isty, any idea?
          Horrific !
          Sanctuaire won and Gaspara was joint fav, couple of places I think but otherwise this hasn't been a great race for market leaders...

Comment

A great race for Paul Nicholls though Ista

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              A great race for Paul Nicholls though Ista
              Long may it continue !!!

Keep an eye out for these juveniles of his, he's on record as saying that he hasn't the big guns for the championship races this year but he thinks his crop of youngsters are special and could mirror the Master Minded, Kauto, Denman generation in a couple of years....

Comment

Paul Nicholls (2-5-15) trained winner in 2010, the 2nd & 3rd in 2013, 2nd & 4th in 2014 and 1st, 2nd & 5th in 2015.

Price

No strong price trends to go on here. 5 of the 10 winners were priced between 4/1 and 14/1 though the other 5 winners were sent off 40/1, 40/1, 25/1, 25/1 & 33/1.

Favourites (2-4-12) have won 2 of 10 renewals, giving a level stakes loss of 2.25.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X