Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2016 Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights

2017 Cheltenham Festival Preview Night Thread

Once off legends event featuring Ruby Walsh and AP McCoy, with MC Oli Bell in association with Paddy Power. The event is in aid of Ballyshannon National School and St. Brigids Hospice.

When
    Thursday, 25 February 2016 from 20:00 to 23:00 (GMT) - Add to Calendar
    Where
    Keadeen Hotel, Newbridge - Kildare, Kildare IE

-----------------------------------------------------

First Up

Sky Bet's Cheltenham Preview

When?

Wednesday March 9 from 1930 to 2230 (doors at 1830)

Where?

Leeds Town Hall, City Centre Leeds, West Yorkshire LS1 3AD

Who's on the panel?

Alex Hammond - Sky Sports TV presenter and Sporting Life columnist

Mark Howard - National Hunt afficianado and author of the popular 'One Jump Ahead'

Niall Hannity - Racing UK presenter and panel regular

Denis O'Regan - Cheltenham Festival winning jockey

Warren Greatrex - Lambourn trainer enjoying a fine 2015/16 season

Donn McClean - Irish racing expert and Sporting Life columnist

How do I book?

Simply click https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sky-b...ts-20124528005
    Last edited by Old Vic; 4 January 2017, 08:40 AM.

OV

I always attend the preview Monday evening before Champion hurdle day, organised by lets Live Racing syndicate and usually held at the Royal Oak, Prestbury, though last year was shifted to Cheltenham Town FC.
    It's a cracking night with a great panel (Tom Scu, Dickie Johnson, Andrew Tinkler and Davy Russell plus a bookie and trainer).
    Sadly I don't possess the equipment or ability to post a summary of the evening but I'd be happy to text (I've mastered that) or call someone on the Tue morning with an overview.

I've done a few of these over the years, they had more value 10+ years ago when there were only about a dozen of them but the festival is now so huge there seems to be 2 or 3 a night.
    The Lets Live Racing one is more open and honest than most, the syndicate have a few horses and the jocks all ride for them so there is a relationship and they are all very honest with their views.
    Most of the mainstream ones are now shown live, the days of one being a stone ahead of the handicapper and shut away in a barn for a few months pending a gamble on the day are gone....

Comment

Thanks Ista. I try to get to a couple but only because it heightens my enjoyment during the build up.

Most of the reports we have had on here have been taking others twitter reports and doing a glorified cut and paste job. It takes a fair bit of time sorting the data but I ( with occasional help from lester) but feedback has generally been positive. I might put them in the betting forum this year so only registered users will have them.

There have been a number of new and quality posters on here in the past year and thanks to you all for making the forum a much better one in 2015.

Comment

I go to one each year and always look forward to it. The westmanstown preview night the week before Cheltenham. Usually has a brilliant lineup, Ruby, davy Russell, paddy power, pricewise amongst others.

Comment

Davy Russell is serious entertainment, as can Ruby to be fair.
          Funniest panelist I ever saw was Paul Nolan, he can't get through a preview evening without disappearing for a Benson & Hedges and also battles his way through a dozen guinness but he is one funny fella, if you see his name on any panel this year I'd recommend you go along...

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
            I go to one each year and always look forward to it. The westmanstown preview night the week before Cheltenham. Usually has a brilliant lineup, Ruby, davy Russell, paddy power, pricewise amongst others.
            That one - waterford and cafe en seine the best of the irish, Ruby only does one i think.

Comment

Warwick 13 March

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It&#39;s 8 weeks until <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Cheltenham?src=hash">#Cheltenham</a> &amp; we are proud to be joining the <a href="https://twitter.com/WNDLRAirAmb">@WNDLRAirAmb</a> for their Preview Raceday <a href="https://twitter.com/WarwickRaces">@WarwickRaces</a> <a href="https://t.co/v6W16a7L7I">pic.twitter.com/v6W16a7L7I</a></p>&mdash; Dan Skelton Racing (@DSkeltonRacing) <a href="https://twitter.com/DSkeltonRacing/status/689487281170690048">January 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Northern Racing Club Haydock 7 March

Haydock Park is again hosting a preview night in association with Northern Racing Club.

Comment

Newcastle Cheltenham Preview Night Tuesday 8th March 2016

Comment

Ireland

Friday 4th March 2016 8pm, Kildare House Hotel

The panel will consist of MC Kevin O’Ryan and Gary O’Brien from Attheraces, Sandra Hughes (Trainer), Jonathan Burke (Jockey), Joseph O’Brien (Jockey) and Pat Brennan (Tote Ireland).

Tickets are available at €10 per person from Tote Ireland on 045-491830 and the Kildare House Hotel on 045-520002. A series of prizes will also be raffled off during the interval with all proceeds from the night going to Irish Injured Jockeys.

Thursday 10th March 2016, Kavanaghs Portlaoise
                    Our Guest MC is none other than At the Races’ own Matt Chapman
                    Last years event was a bumper with tips and enhanced a plenty compliments of Matt, trainer – Tony Mullins, Jockey – Katie Walsh & Herald Racing pundit Niall Cronin! This years panel will be confimred shortly.

Comment

London 9 March

Comment

Calvin and Banks don't have much love for each other going by Twitter. Could be an interesting one that.

Comment

If there's a bigger blowhard in the industry than Tony Calvin, I'll eat my hat.

His comments regarding Faugheen & Arctic Fire after the Irish Champion Hurdle would be funny if they weren't so bitter. He done his brains on Arctic Fire, then crabs Faugheen, even though it was a devastating performance from the machine.

Comment

Bookies figure heads only role is to raise the profile of the business, get the name and product in the limelight for the least possible cost, so employing arrogance to perform that role is their best bet,
                            Graham Sharp, Simon Clare, Victor Chandler and Fred Done have all taken the 'any publicity is good publicity' approach, then you have some of the Paddy Power publicity stunts, anything to get the brand out there....

Comment

Originally posted by stephensmith84 View Post
                              If there's a bigger blowhard in the industry than Tony Calvin, I'll eat my hat.

His comments regarding Faugheen & Arctic Fire after the Irish Champion Hurdle would be funny if they weren't so bitter. He done his brains on Arctic Fire, then crabs Faugheen, even though it was a devastating performance from the machine.

I like reading his stuff. Banks on the other hand ...

Comment

Working...
                              X