Which trainers is everyone keeping an eye on this season?

The two I'm interesting this season is Dan Skelton up and coming trainer and the Bloomfields yards. Obviously Mullins is one but that 2 obvious be nice to see new yards come into the mix this season.

Agreed.
    Huge investment by Bloomfields so expect Ferguson to break through into the big league with some G1 wins and a festival success of two, I thought Leoncavallo demolished a top juvenile field yesterday with a double penalty, I know September form doesn't always hold until March/April but that horse could be very very good.
    Dan Skelton has already nicked some decent prizes in the short time he's been training in his own right.

I've always had a soft spot for Martin Keighley and Kim Bailey and hope they go well.

Interested to see how Mark Pitman does having regained his licence, intrigued to see what his strategy is....

I noticed reading few books few new trainers as well this season. What racing needed. Don't need Mullins to dominate Cheltenham all time. Even though they are very good horses in his yard.

Quote Originally Posted by Liam301287 View Post
    I noticed reading few books few new trainers as well this season. What racing needed. Don't need Mullins to dominate Cheltenham all time. Even though they are very good horses in his yard.
    It all comes down to investment by owners, if Ricci spends big and sends them all Mullins then he will dominate, same in football, there's a reason why Man City, Man Utd and Chelsea will the league every year, if someone gave Koeman or Pardew a billion then Southampton or Palace would probably win the league.
    One of the reason I respect JP so much, he sends his horses to scores of trainers so a small yard can hit the big time.
    I was really hoping Wyck Hill would stay fit and win a big National for David Bridgewater, small yard and a big success could kickstart them to a different level.....

Agree with that Istabraq, money matters but also about getting a few winners and some momentum,

I am not sure all trainers are cut out for big yards though - or what pardew would do with a billion ! Michael Winters for instance is creating some serious impact with 10 acres and I think about 20 horses.

OV - I'm not suggesting that every trainer wants a string the size of Nicholls or Henderson, I was referring to the opportunity of them becoming more fashionable yards, little guy made big to some degree.
    Someone like the Good Doctor, what's his string, 12 ? Yet he has a Festival and Grand National win to his name, great to see and exactly what NH racing is all about.....

Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    OV - I'm not suggesting that every trainer wants a string the size of Nicholls or Henderson, I was referring to the opportunity of them becoming more fashionable yards, little guy made big to some degree.
    Someone like the Good Doctor, what's his string, 12 ? Yet he has a Festival and Grand National win to his name, great to see and exactly what NH racing is all about.....
    Winters and Newland are brillant trainers who probably only come on the radar of regular punters.

John Cullen had done pretty well with just three horses ...Misty Lady brillantly campaigned to win over 100K in prizemoney which is pretty clever for a horse now rated 121. Won at 20s yesterday and biggest mistake of weekend to have missed it

Ben Pauling !