Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Oz Grand National

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oz Grand National

Ruby making it interesting

Tom Ryan has a ride and won this before.

Ew value ov

Cranbourne trainer Pat Hyland believes King Triton is going as good, if not better than he ever has before heading into Sunday’s Decron Thackeray Steeplechase (3450m) at Warrnambool.

The son of Elvstroem has finished third in his past two starts jumps racing features – the Brierly Steeplechase and Australian Steeplechase - behind the classy Eric Musgrove-prepared Thubiaan.

Hyland said he had been very impressed with the seven-year-old’s past two starts and was confident he could get a top three finish this weekend.

“I think his last two runs were extremely good,” he said.

“He could have easily won at Ballarat in the Australian Steeplechase, but he got the wrong part of the track going home.

“I don’t blame anyone for that, he just kept drifting to the inside of the track where it was inferior and the other’s went down the outside.

“He was only beaten by three quarters of a length, so I think he could have easily won that.

“He’s going as good, if not better than he ever has.

“Tommy Ryan rode him for the first time last start, so will know a bit more about him this time around.

“Bashboy will be the one to beat and it’s a good race, but I think he’s in with a chance.”

Hyland headed west with King Triton last year for the end of the South Australian jumps season and picked up two wins, but Hyland said he was hoping that wouldn’t be an option this year.

“We could still go over there this year, but I’m hoping he can win a feature and then he’ll be weighted out of the Adelaide races,” Hyland said.

“He’ll race Sunday, then go onto the feature at Bendigo in two weeks then the Grand National at Ballarat.

“He should be very competitive on Sunday and in his next few races.”

Comment

Ruby wins on bashboy

Second last telling ...

Comment

Working...
      X