Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The New Spring Double - Your Masters and Grand National picks please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to 2018....

I know FM has already put up the Tiger double on the National thread, but I'll be looking to double up Tiger Roll and I Just Know with Hideki Matsuyama at 35/1 for the Masters who I have followed for a couple of seasons now. I'm no golf expert but with course form (top 11 last 3 seasons) and currently ranked 6 in the world he looks the value to me. He has suffered a wrist injury recently but appears to have overcome it. This article makes a better case than I could: https://thegolffamily.com/masters-co...eki-matsuyama/

Incidentally the I Just Know / Matsuyama price boost double with Ladbrokes is 2,500/1 both 1/4 the odds each way but note only 5 places in the Masters.

Comment

Tiger Roll/Justin Rose (assuming he's not damaged from last years failure)

Comment

Justin Rose/Road to Riches for me.

Comment

Nash/Masters EW doubles
          perm Matsuyama 33s & Rose 16s with I Just Know 50s & Buywise 50s

Comment

Apologies merge my earlier post

Comment

Morning all, no double being placed for me but I do enjoy a flutter on the Masters.

I’ve taken ew value on the whole. Of the fancied names, Iv had a piece of Henrik Stenson 30/1, as he’s one of those who might benefit from Tigermania and just play with less pressure.

That aside, e/w picks (10 places with Skybet) are:

Adam Scott 50/1 Completely under the radar this year. Comes in quietly and Adam should play with the pressure off this week. Had his second child last year and has realised there is more to life than golf. No doubt he will be enjoying this weekend and has the opportunity to silence some of the headline acts. At 10 places I thought someone with his class was a real fair price.

Branden Grace 80/1 This guy has the game to win a major. Love the South African golfers, and this guy has shown gradual improvement at Augusta. He’s the sort that could have a great weekend at a big price although I think his best chance of winning a major might be elsewhere. Hoping he has a good weekend though.

Kevin Chappell 80/1 Great tournament last year and 80/1 10 places for a repeat looked well worth including in my bets. Young and improvbig- he could surprise.

Si Woo Kim 250/1 Lacks Masters experience but certainly not someone overawed on Sundays as he showed when winning the Players Championship. He will have learned a lot from last year at Augusta but it is a big ask to make such a leap on his second attempt. If he makes the cut if fancy him to finish well, so it will be shit or bust with him!

Angel Cabrera 400/1 With Place Money absolutely huge here, I had to include Angel. Hasn’t played much competitive golf recently but played a real steady round LTO, hoping he’s just been knocking off thebrust for Augusta. He has 6 Top 10 finishes to his name and you don’t need many shillings on at this price. He loves Augusta, but will Father Time be catching up now at 48?

Comment

Skybet have a “Tiger special”

Both Tiger Roll and Woods to finish in the top 5

16/1

Comment

Followed the oddschecker tipster in on Jason Day, and combined with Matsuyama, Tiger Roll and I Just Know in permed e/w doubles

Comment

I've doubled both Jordan Speith and Bubba Watson with Total Recall for the National, backing both individually (win only) as well.

I've also played Ryan Moore each way overall and for the first round lead, both at 100/1. He's got a decent record at Augusta, making the cut seven times from nine with four top 20 finishes, has shot in the 60's a fair few times before and has an early tee-time today, which can often be a good time to shoot low.

Comment

Dustin Johnson 13/1 ew and 1st round leader 20/1ew
                      Justin Thomas 11/1 ew
                      Brandon Grace 80/1 ew

Joaquin Niemann top amateur 11/10
                      Xander Schauffle top debutant 7/2

Comment

Thomas & Tiger Roll
                        Matsuyama & I Just Know

Comment

Disappointing they're not the same weekend!

Stopped me doing the double.

Moore
                          Casey
                          Day
                          Matsuyama

.... not a great start

Comment

Only just seen this thread.

Anyone who knows me on TheRacingForum under this username knows I’m on the 532/1 Reed and Annibale Fly double.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                              Only just seen this thread.

Anyone who knows me on TheRacingForum under this username knows I’m on the 532/1 Reed and Annibale Fly double.
                              Great pick MofM...

Comment

Nicely done MoM. Did you back him in singles too?

Great to have a nice ticket going into the national.

Comment

Working...
                                X