Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The New Spring Double - Your Masters and Grand National picks please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayo View Post
    Padraig Harrington has DJ as man to beat ..is he still a back to lay candidate or has he moved on ? Any opinions on this Jon Rahm guy ?

“DJ is the most likely guy to play his game next week. If he does turn up and play his game and performs, *he’s going to be the winner,” Harrington said. *
    “Rory’s the only guy capable of beating him at this very moment.” *
    Harrington is a member of Jon Rahm’s growing fan club, and while he expressed the view that victory may just be beyond the young Spaniard next week, he predicted a rise to the very top of the sport for Ram in the years ahead.
    “We’re looking at a future world number one,” he said. *
    DJ is a worthy fav and the most likely winner, though its still like picking a winner in the national.

Comment

I think Brooks Koepka is a nice price at 80/1
      Bit of a flyer on Yuta Ikeda too at 500/1

Rahm will be making his Augusta debut, and that isn't always a negative. Looks like that is factored in to his price to me.

As for the double, I'll probably back DJ and VLR just because both are now way too short for me to think about as a single bet

Comment

Kevin Kisner 100/1
        Pendra 33/1

(Pendra available bigger but I wanted the 8 places with Skybet)

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          Ricky fowler / Carlingford lough.
          Better change this now , Ricky Fowler / Wonderful Charm .

Comment

Thomas Pieters / Vicente

Comment

How on earth Justin Rose did not win I do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                How on earth Justin Rose did not win I do not know.
                Was a good watch. I backed Rose and Fowler! Not enjoyable viewing from a betting perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Was a good watch. I backed Rose and Fowler! Not enjoyable viewing from a betting perspective.
                  Totally agree Kev lol. I couldn't bare to watch, had one eye on tv and other eye on the machine. Not a good feeling, but I convinced myself that if anyone I want to lose my bet against would be Garcia, he deserves it and some, especially on Seve's 60th.

Comment

I love the Masters but after a very ordinary Aintree I too needed a recovery in the golf, DJ was the answer until he fell down the stairs so Rose was then my main bet.
                    Staggering he failed to win it after both tee shots in 15, huge momentum swing for Garcia to come away with a par there and Rose not extending his lead, that's where he lost it.
                    Don't begrudge Garcia a major, he deserves one, would just have preferred him to have waited until I didn't have my conkers on his main rival....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                      I love the Masters but after a very ordinary Aintree I too needed a recovery in the golf, DJ was the answer until he fell down the stairs so Rose was then my main bet.
                      Not the greatest of ideas to chase with the Masters Ista (also guilty lol), its like the Grand National of golf.

Though you gave it a good go and got some place money in return.
                      Last edited by loveracing; 10 April 2017, 09:10 PM.

Comment

No chase LR, I always get involved at the Masters, just would've helped if I'd have clawed a few quid back.
                        No issue losing money but it'll be a while before I understand how Rose didn't get over the line....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          No chase LR, I always get involved at the Masters, just would've helped if I'd have clawed a few quid back.
                          No issue losing money but it'll be a while before I understand how Rose didn't get over the line....
                          Was jk.

Maybe Rose felt sorry for his best golfing partner.

Comment

Isn't Garcia a bit of a **** .... I was reading somewhere that he fell out with Pod after he smashed him?

I have to say I don't know where all the Sergio love comes from...

I got very 'lucky' in that I had backed Rose with Betway so they paid out as a winner for the 3rd round with there crazy offer!

Does anyone back the golf regularly? I have a friend who has a pretty good system and it makes £200-400 a weekend. (Although you need £15k in betfair)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Isn't Garcia a bit of a **** .... I was reading somewhere that he fell out with Pod after he smashed him?

I have to say I don't know where all the Sergio love comes from...
                              Probably because they are both opposites. I do like PM, but I think we all know playing with slow players does your nut in.

Sergio has fell out with a few players in the past including Woods about fried chicken.

But for the best ball striker in the game if not history and everything he has done for us in the Ryder Cup, he deserved to win a major.

Comment

Never mind all that......

Did you see his fiancée???? And the mini she had on??? And those legs????

I'll make myself blind.....

Comment

Working...
                                X