Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Sefton
    Timeform 1-2-3
    1 My Tent Or Yours (IRE)
    2 Jezki (IRE)
    3 Un Atout (FR)

Timeform view

Following his demolition job in the Betfair Hurdle, My Tent Or Yours is already bearing down on 1978 Supreme winner Golden Cygnet, whose rating of 176 remains the highest for a novice hurdler in Timeform's history, and he is a confident selection. The same owner's Jezki may have disappointed at the 2012 Festival but has looked a high-class prospect over timber and can follow the selection home.

Morning Glory
    another view

Race Preview:
    A cracking renewal to get the 2013 Festival under way and the one who makes most appeal is Willie Mullins' unbeaten gelding UN ATOUT. The five-year-old son of Robin Des Champs went into a lot of notebooks when winning his sole bumper appearance by 24 lengths at Naas last season and both hurdle victories this term have been equally impressive. He looks the type who will stay further, which could be crucial with soft ground forecast this time around, and the way respected connections speak about him gives the impression they think he is the real deal.

My Tent Or Yours was hugely impressive when winning the Betfair Hurdle in a hack canter at Newbury and he commands great respect. Tony McCoy's mount jumps, travels and acts on testing ground, but there are questions over how he will react to this undulating track and what will be found when push comes to shove. Jezki has arguably had the best preparation, winning each of his four hurdle starts this term, and should give a good account.

Last season's Champion Bumper scorer Champagne Fever, the choice of Ruby Walsh, is likely to go hard from the front and will be staying on when others have cried enough.

Morning Glory
    AP very bullish..

That’s a bit like a Test Match hinging on the first over or the FA Cup Final decided by the first kick of the match, because by far my best chance of a winner is in the first race, the William Hill Supreme Novice Hurdle with My Tent Or Yours (1.30).

He is undoubtedly the pick of my rides this week. He is my most obvious chance of a winner as well as the shortest priced horse I am due to ride.

I am as confident as I can be that this is one where the bookies are right. I have plenty of others with each-way chances through the week and hopefully I might be able to nick another race or two, but if you told me I would only ride one winner I would expect it to be this one.

Testing ground will not bring out the best of him but he should handle it. At least will be the first horses to gallop over it.

He has been favourite for the race since winning the Betfair Hurdle on soft ground at Newbury in February. It was a slow-run race that day, which was probably against him because he can be quite keen during his races. But that day he travelled easily and won the most competitive handicap hurdle outside of Cheltenham extremely well for a novice.

People have pointed out to me that he has not won at an undulating track like Cheltenham yet, but that is looking for imaginary chinks in his armour – he has not run on one yet, and I do not anticipate it being a problem.

I also had the choice of the second favourite Jezki and I did get it wrong once before when picking a future Champion Hurdler Binocular over the horse that beat us, Captain Cee Bee.

I have never ridden Jezki but even Timeform have rated My Tent Or Yours 12 lb higher than him. If Jezki does happen to beat us I would have mixed emotions. Of course I would be disappointed but I would have to console myself with the fact that I will ride him next time and, in my opinion, he would have to be a very good horse to beat My Tent Or Yours.

johnno
    Wayne Hutchinson against MTOY

My Tent Or Yours is favourite for the opening William Hill Supreme Novices' Hurdle and he turned the Betfair Hurdle at Newbury last time into a rout.

He is well clear in this race on official ratings and looks a worthy market leader but I don't think that it was the strongest Betfair Hurdle ever personally but did win with plenty in hand and was clearly very well handicapped.

This will be more competitive and some of his rivals should not be overlooked. I have spoken to Davy Russell and he said that Un Atout is potentially one of the best horses he has sat on, while Puffin Billy had an excuse last time but has shown already what a big engine he has.

Ruby (Walsh) has opted to ride Champagne Fever for Willie Mullins over Dodging Bullets so the race looks very open and I would take on My Tent Or Yours personally.

William Hill Supreme Novices’ Hurdle
    It’s been eight years since the last winning favourite.
    Just four of the last 17 horses to be priced at 3-1 or shorter have won.
    Fourteen of the last 16 winners won last time out.
    Nine of the last ten had won at least twice that season.
    Irish challengers have won six of the last eleven
    Only one of Willie Mullins last fifteen runners have won.
    The last 18 Nicky Henderson runners have all been beaten, but he has had four thirds and four seconds.
    Barry Geraghty’s last nine rides have been beaten.

Trends

oppose the favourite out goes

7 2-1211 My Tent Or Yours31 6 11-7 Nicky Henderson53 A P McCoy

won last time out out goes

4 46-113 Dodging Bullets76 5 11-7 Paul Nicholls64 Daryl Jacob 156 129 162
    1 613110 Cause Of Causes31 5 11-7 Gordon Elliott70 Davy Condon 152 139 158
    0 1-1112 Puffin Billy30 5 11-7 Oliver Sherwood50 Leighton Aspell 148 119 157
    1 31-212 River Maigue24 6 11-7 Nicky Henderson53 Barry Geraghty 140 128 144
    3 211/2 Cheltenian20 7 11-7 Philip Hobbs62 Richard Johnson — 117 133
    5 P Fire King15 p 7 11-7 Daniel Steele Liam Treadwell — — —
    8 630/9- Ostentation146F h1 6 11-7 Alastair Lidderdale Will Kennedy 97 —

Shortlist

12 1-11 Un Atout52 5 11-7 W P Mullins56 Davy Russell 151 116 160
    2 1-1231 Champagne Fever31 6 11-7 W P Mullins56 R Walsh 148 138 157
    6 8-1111 Jezki75 5 11-7 Mrs John Harrington60 Robbie Power 154 137 156
    9 31121 Pique Sous39F t 6 11-7 W P Mullins56 Paul Townend 129 122 143

Going to back them all with 5 places

William Hill going 5 places in Supreme Novices (12 runners 2 no hopers per #Pricewise). Get on each way at http://goo.gl/gVAY3 #CheltFEST

Like you style statto ! I am going with Jezki.

Top tipping statto..MTOY and and you had the tricast.