Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

ATR daily festival tipping challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATR daily festival tipping challenge

Here's another way we can combine our efforts at the festival, they run a daily tips challenge with a £1000 daily prize which is free to members. If we keep a list of all the selections for the yankee then maybe we could divide them up and each use a selection for the tips challenge then if one of us was to win we could collectively decide on the bet, or bets, to place with the winnings then split the dosh, this is real money possibilities with a no cost entry. It takes a degree of trust of course, but if there are enough of us enter you never know, and with the collective knowledge of this forum I'm sure we will have a better chance than most.
    We could also come up with a tote jackpot perm, or perms, just with a view to having a common interest, I know we don't really need to add to the fun, but this way it could potentially pay dividends.

I'll have a go

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
      I'll have a go
      Good, if we can get a few of the others interested I think we could have a shot at winning, I think the prize was a £1000 for each day via a funded betting account, so if we could manage a win then decide how to bet the prize it could be a significant pick up. Long shot I know, but most of our dreams regarding the fez revolve around long shot accas coming up, so this is just another chance.

Comment

count me in too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
          count me in too.
          That's good, three of us now, I'm sure a couple of the others will be interested

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
              Me too.
              And then there were 4, lol

Comment

Right, so if we have say 2 bankers each day that we all put in our selections, points amounts to be decided collectively, then mix up the selections for the other races from agreed horses, we've thrown plenty up between us so shouldn't be a problem. The only thing is to make sure you're registered with ATR, then decide who is placing what, again with the points amount to be decided either the day before or on the morning when the lists are up, I think they may put them up the night before, that would make things easier to sort out

Comment

I think Mrs OV wants to have ago at this too.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                    I think Mrs OV wants to have ago at this too.
                    Good the more the merrier, she'll need her own ATR registration though

Comment

Entries are online now for this, if we are still going ahead maybe the best way is to select our individual entries ourselves then post what we've placed, this way we can all see the various entries and know how we are doing. If we amalgamate all the entries we each have more chance of winning then if any of us hits the jackpot we all share in the opportunity to benefit from a £1000 betting bank. So I guess we would decide between us how to place that betting bank and share the proceeds, all a long shot but it's fun trying.

Comment

Right here are my entries for tomorrow
                        L'Ami Serge 20 pts at 3/1
                        UDS 10 pts at 4/6
                        Gevrey Chambertin 15pts at 14/1
                        TNO 10pts at 4/1
                        AP 10pts at 4/6
                        Very Wood 20pts at 3/1
                        KillalaQuay 15 pts at 12/1

You have to put minimum 10 pts per race so I can't see much sense wasting more than minimum points on real shorties, the object of the excecise is to amass the most points, it may pay us for others to ignore the odds on shots altogether, if anyone else is still doing this that is

Comment

Working...
                        X