Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

What was your biggest Cheltenham winning bet ever ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your biggest Cheltenham winning bet ever ?

An Aftertiming thread for sure but hoping to bring up some feel good memories

Punjabi at an average of over 30s was my biggest single bet win.
    Last edited by Old Vic; 26 February 2015, 08:37 AM.

MrMcGoldrick, Byrne plate [as it was then called] handicap chase, 66/1, serweeet

Comment

Solditino 2010 Triumph. Backed it since end of November won me over 1k. Won on Baby Run that day aswell.

Comment

If we're looking for biggest winning amount then mine would be Hurricane Fly, 2013, started backing him the Saturday after the 2012 fez, stuck £10's and £20's on him regularly throughout the year and picked up serious coin when he won. I also had him in a few ew doubles with Long Run in the Gold cup, he finished 3rd, the place double was in the high three figures

Comment

Don't think I have ever backed a 66/1 winner

Comment

Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
            Solditino 2010 Triumph. Backed it since end of November won me over 1k. Won on Baby Run that day aswell.
            Must have been massive in running.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
              Don't think I have ever backed a 66/1 winner
              I couldn't believe it at the time, and neither could the manager at the Ladbrokes shop who took me into the back office to pay me out.
              It could have been a lot worse for them though because I also had nim in an ew double with Undeniable [also from the Smith yard] at 33/1 and he finished 5th in a race paying ew the first 4

Comment

You guys are way better than me. My biggest was only 18/1 with CFever in the Bumper.

I think i would be too scared to lump on a 66/1.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  I couldn't believe it at the time, and neither could the manager at the Ladbrokes shop who took me into the back office to pay me out.
                  It could have been a lot worse for them though because I also had nim in an ew double with Undeniable [also from the Smith yard] at 33/1 and he finished 5th in a race paying ew the first 4
                  it gets better you took it of Ladbrokes

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                    You guys are way better than me. My biggest was only 18/1 with CFever in the Bumper.

I think i would be too scared to lump on a 66/1.
                    I happened to follow the Smith yard and I knew they thought he was thrown in after running against top class horses all of a sudden he was getting weight from those he would have been giving over a stone to a year earlier. Dominic Elsworth was put back on board and to me he had all the hallmarks of a handicap snip

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                      it gets better you took it of Ladbrokes
                      It gets better than that as regards Ladbrokes mayo, when Dettori went through the card at Ascot I had a 10p super heinz on him, took them for just over 13k, would have been much more today because I put it on in the shop and didn't take any prices, Fujiyama Crest was his 7th winner, it was 12/1 when I put the bet on and went off at 2's

Comment

I was actually golfing with the C4 team in the summer and DE was playing in front. What's happened to him now?

Comment

I was actually golfing with the C4 team in the summer and DE was playing in front. What's happened to him now?
                          I think he must be injured, has had quite a few problems, real shame that because if you watch him ride he's about the closest thing to Ruby Walsh you'll ever see, doesn't get the rides he should

Comment

Moral of these stories is to let yourself win big.

at least 3 33/1 winners last year not that I would have picked any of them.

Comment

I heard he was going to be launching some sports nutritution/ supplement venture thing with AP but don't know if it got going.

Comment

Working...
                              X