Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Old Vic's Avatar
    Confident we have a good bunch of canny jumps posters on the board now but would like to see some proper flat posters sign up. They can start by educating me...

Professional Fat Jockey (Moderator) Istabraq's Avatar
    Afternoon All.
    I've been lurking for over a year on this forum, attracted by the comprehensive Cheltenham festival threads.
    I'm a far bigger NH fan and go regularly, occasionally make the effort for a flat meeting but much prefer NH.
    Have posted on a couple of racing forums but they usually have 'cliques' and generally degenerate into scraps, one of things that attracted me to this site was the educated discussion and respect that everyone shows for each other, not always evident on other forums.
    I look forward to many 'discussions'....

Welcome on board Istabraq.

Stable Fat Jockey (Moderator) Faugheen_Machine's Avatar
    Is there any way we can encourage guests to join as members? There are currently around 50 guests viewing the site - wouldn't it be great if we could get more contributors?

I'm not sure how it could be done though

FM - I was putting some stuff up on the bit of the forum that you need to be registered to see.

I think if we get any decent info we should put it up on the Whispers thread rather than out here where everyone can see it.

A few more contributors would be good - its a game of opinions.

I am open for suggestions ...

For what it's worth I think there is plenty of activity in here now (of course the more opinions that can be attracted the better) the issue comes post Cheltenham/Aintree when the festival buzz has been and gone and there's very little being said.
    I'm not a great flat fan but I'm interested in what others have to say and for me it's that May-Nov 'lull' I'd like to see plugged...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Vic View Post
    Great read OV

Champion Fat Jockey (Moderator) Kevloaf's Avatar
    Hello everyone... I have been reading all the posts from earlier this year and it seems there are quite a few people who know what they're talking about! I won't claim to be one of those, but I will at least try get involved

Briefly - I got hooked by watching the Gold Cup battles between Kauto Star and Denman, which meant by 2010 I was starting to realise I NEEDED Cheltenham week off each year. 2010 was also the year that Frankel was doing his thing and it has consumed me ever since. I love it. Love it. Love it.