Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Friday Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martello Tower

Comment

Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
      Right fellas, I've got this narrowed down to three now so if you could pick a preference we can go with the most popular one for the Friday leg of the yankee.

Martello Tower
      Holywell
      Thomas Brown

It's a shame to leave any out as good arguments have been put forward for all three but we'll get a chance to use most of the suggestions made across all the yankee threads in the ATR tips challenge, we can think about that next week.
      Bloody hell, tough. Friday's races look the hardest. Holywell.

Comment

Right fellas, I've got this narrowed down to three now so if you could pick a preference we can go with the most popular one for the Friday leg of the yankee.

Martello Tower
        Holywell
        Thomas Brown

It's a shame to leave any out as good arguments have been put forward for all three but we'll get a chance to use most of the suggestions made across all the yankee threads in the ATR tips challenge, we can think about that next week.
        Picking one from that list was like trying to pick a winner out of 3 horse race all joint favs.

I will stick to my guns with TB.

Comment

I'm with TB also.

Comment

Hi guys, has to be decision time for the Friday selection, it's a really tough call but when I've gone through the main three I just can't seperate TB and MT in the same race, so by default the selection has to be

Holywell

Hope this doesn't upset anyone, but the other two have to be split foe a second pick for the Friday individual yankee, then we need two more, so we need suggestions from the other races for the gold cup day yankee bring em on guys.
            There seems to be a little more support for TB, but let's see if MT has any more supporters

Comment

In the county Chesterfield, mentioned by Lessey I think, looks a decent shout, along with Ned Buntline in the Grand Annual, AP leaving the fez with a wnner in the geen and gold has the right feel to it, plus the form lines stack up well, we would still need to split TB and MT in the Albert Bartlett, I think I'll place the yankee twice with them both in it
              There are plenty around who can't see defeat for Paint the clouds so any strong views in the foxhunter would be appreciated, I quite fancy Salsify myself, been prepared for this.
              Last edited by MrMcGoldrick; 1 March 2015, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Hi guys, has to be decision time for the Friday selection, it's a really tough call but when I've gone through the main three I just can't seperate TB and MT in the same race, so by default the selection has to be

Holywell

Hope this doesn't upset anyone, but the other two have to be split foe a second pick for the Friday individual yankee, then we need two more, so we need suggestions from the other races for the gold cup day yankee bring em on guys.
                There seems to be a little more support for TB, but let's see if MT has any more supporters
                Don't be silly MMG, this is a team game and you haven't upset anyone. I am happy now the pressure is not on me if TB doesn't win.

So your final selections are?

Comment

In the county Chesterfield, mentioned by Lessey I think, looks a decent shout, along with Ned Buntline in the Grand Annual, AP leaving the fez with a wnner in the geen and gold has the right feel to it, plus the form lines stack up well, we would still need to split TB and MT in the Albert Bartlett, I think I'll place the yankee twice with them both in it
                  I am lost MMG.

Please list your day 4 selections and then your single pick for the main Yankee.

Comment

Originally posted by loveracing View Post
                    Don't be silly MMG, this is a team game and you haven't upset anyone. I am happy now the pressure is not on me if TB doesn't win.

So your final selections are?
                    Well, Holywell for the main yankee,
                    then if no objections
                    Thomas Brown
                    Chesterfield
                    Ned Buntline

just edited, a bit lost myself, sorry

Comment

then if no objections
                      Thomas Brown
                      Chesterfield
                      Salsify
                      Thanks bud, I will go ahead and place the bet now.

Comment

Thanks bud, I will go ahead and place the bet now.
                        Brill, fingers crossed then

Comment

then if no objections
                          Thomas Brown
                          Chesterfield
                          Ned Buntline

just edited, a bit lost myself, sorry
                          if you don't mind, please also list the races so there is no confusion and easy read for us.

Comment

if you don't mind, please also list the races so there is no confusion and easy read for us.
                            Holywell -Gold cup
                            Thomas Brown -Albert Bartlett
                            Chesterfield -County hurdle
                            Ned Buntline -Grand Annual

I was thinking of the foxhunter when I typed origanally and put in Salsify, instead of my intention of Ned Buntline, hope I didn't cock u up LR, I'm going to place the yankee, then retain the selections and stick Salsify in for a Gold cup day canadian

Comment

Holywell -Gold cup
                              Thomas Brown -Albert Bartlett
                              Chesterfield -County hurdle
                              Ned Buntline -Grand Annual

I was thinking of the foxhunter when I typed origanally and put in Salsify, instead of my intention of Ned Buntline, hope I didn't cock u up LR, I'm going to place the yankee, then retain the selections and stick Salsify in for a Gold cup day canadian
                              Thanks MMG. Bet placed and good luck everyone.

I love your suggestions btw and looks the best value yankee so far.

Comment

Thanks MMG. Bet placed and good luck everyone.

I love your suggestions btw and looks the best value yankee so far.
                                Glad you like it, would love to get a nice return for the lads on here

Comment

Working...
                                X